“Customer service not the best and ants in the room.”

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I'm currently staying at the Admiral Inn in Burlington for a couple of days with my fiancé. I came here to work while my fiancé is out finishing his scuba diving instructor's course. The lobby is really nice, the rooms are a little small but comfortable, and the breakfast is very good (a great variety of food). I must say beside hearing the neighbor's tv until about 11:30 pm - walls are a little thin due to joining rooms - I had a pretty good first night until I woke up this morning.

A few negative things: I woke up with little tiny ants crawling all over the counter. I had left out a container of nuts with the lid on by the coffee maker and there were hundreds of ants crawling from the floor over to the container. After I managed to kill most of them, I decided to go have breakfast at 9:00 am as I waited to have my room vacuumed and cleaned. It's already 1pm and I'm still waiting in the lobby to have my room cleaned. I would have enjoyed working on the tables in the breakfast area, but they lock the doors after 10 am. I mentioned my situation to the front desk and they said that they clean the checkout rooms first, although when I was walking by to have breakfast this morning I clearly noticed they were cleaning other guests' rooms that were obviously still staying here tonight as there were items left in the room. Not very pleasant for a person that is actually here to work. Too bad they don't have a table in the lobby. I'm stuck working on a leather chair while people are walking by, checking in and talking.

Room Tip: Make sure that your snacks are in the fridge or in a air sealed tight container.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jewls927
Gina D, General Manager at Admiral Inn Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear valued guest;

Thank you for choosing the Admiral Inn Burlington and for your feedback. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience this might of have caused you. I would like to ask you to please contact me directly for your upcoming reservations needs as I would like to ensure that you will receive our best guestroom possible.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed for one night at the Admiral Inn in Burlington for a family visit before heading up to Collingwood for a week. We booked online. We arrived at midday but were able to checkin as our room was ready. Very convenient location and easy to find as it is just off the QEW at the Walkers Line. Only about a 20 minute drive from Toronto Pearson Airport in the middle of the day. The Inn has reasonable size rooms for a short stay, comfortable bed, spotless bathroom with good shower pressure. WiFi was easy to access and had a strong signal. Our room was on the second floor but carrying our bags up one flight of stairs was no trouble as we have learned to travel light. Suggest that a ground floor room is requested for people with lots of luggage. Double glazing all but totally eliminates traffic noise from the QEW. We didn't notice any noise at all. Breakfast was included in our room rate and more than adequate for out needs and available from 6.30am to 10.00am which suited us. Choice of juice, coffee, fruit, cereal, breads and bagels, eggs and bacon. We would happily stay at this location again.

Room Tip: If you don't want to have to walk upstairs ask for a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Hugh W
Gina D, General Manager at Admiral Inn Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Mr. Hugh;

Thank you for choosing the Admiral Inn Burlington and for your feedback. We are thrilled to hear that your recent stay with us was a memorable one.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

On Sunday April 27th I sent an e-mail request to this hotel requesting if they had a pet friendly room available for this coming Thursday May 1st. I have yet to receive a response from the hotel. This disappoints me as we used this hotel on regular every other weekends last year from April to July and I gave a rave review on the hotel My correspondence then was always by e-mail as it is the easiest most efficient way to do things and to reach me. I just now checked and there are no rooms available but really Admiral could you not have utilized customer service to let me know? We are in the midst of a move and need a place to stay on Thursday night with our dogs. Oh well, I guess we locate another hotel. Your not so up there in my opinion right now Admiral. All it would have taken was a quick yes or no response to my e-mail and I believe 48 hrs is enough time to have responded back to me. I gave you a low score based on Customer Service. Last year I believe I gave you a 5 star. Very disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Gina D, General Manager at Admiral Inn Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for taking the time in writing your review. The Admiral Inn Burlington would like to apologize for any misunderstandings that might of have occurd during your initial e-mail to us as the front desk team did reply back to you within the 24 hours of your request. The hotel was almost in a sold out situation and we were able to accommodate your needs. We are very glad to hear that you had decided to stay with us and everything went very well.

We look forward to your next return…

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We have stayed at this hotel several times and found it to be very good. We booked the room online but later found out that it would have been $10. cheaper if we had booked directly with the hotel! The room was very good and clean. The breakfast was good but would have been even better if the eggs and sausage had been hotter. Having resided in Burlington many years ago the location was good for us to visit our old friends and neighbors.
We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Seniors646
Gina D, General Manager at Admiral Inn Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for taking the time in writing your review and for your feedback. The hotel is always looking for ways to improve it services and we thank you for letting us know about the breakfast situation as it will be rectified.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel when we were visiting family in Burlington. We booked on line and asked that we be given an easily accessible room due to mobility issues. We were accommodated. The room was very close to the main desk and the bathroom was equipped with lots of access bars to make it easy to get in and out of the shower. The stay included breakfast and we were very pleased with this also. The attendant in the dining area was very pleasant and made sure that the food was hot and there was lots. Our only issue was that around 9:00 there were a bunch of children running around the hotel but it didn't last for long and we do remember what it is like to have children with you in a hotel - not really that big of a deal. Overall a nice clean hotel to stay in, with pleasant staff and very reasonably priced. thank you.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kim V
Gina D, General Manager at Admiral Inn Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear Kim;

The Admiral Inn Burlington is thrilled to hear that your recent stay with us was an enjoyable one. We are very happy to hear that your requests were met and accommodated.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I chose this hotel for its excellent Review score on Booking.com and its location on HW403 (Queen Elizabeth Way).
This hotel is a great value for the money ($90 total). The Room size, layout and cleanness was excellent. Breakfast was simple but sufficient. Breakfast’s coffee was cheap and tasteless.
The only poor thing about this hotel was the coffee. It is crucial for me to start up with a good cup of coffee.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank khaledsd
Gina D, General Manager at Admiral Inn Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear valued guest;

The Admiral Inn Burlington would like to thank you for your wonderful comments and feedback. We are No.1 on booking.com due to guests as yourself. We apologize on the taste of the coffee and will look into it.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel as a getaway night from our kids. I personally called the hotel to book a room as I wanted a suite with a Jacuzzi. We were booked into the Admiral Suite which I believe is the best room in the hotel, and we were even given a bit of a price break due to it being winter. We arrived, checked into the hotel, and that's when our problems began. The first thing is the light switches in the front hallway didn't work, and most of the lamps were not plugged in. I finally felt my way to the bathroom and turned on the light and eventually we plugged in all the lamps. It was also FREEZING! It was probably about -15 outside, so you would think the heat in the room would have been left on low even knowing someone was checking in. So I checked everything out, was pleased with the cleanliness, décor was updated, and instead of carpet, it has laminate or hardwood flooring. The Jacuzzi tub was big and inviting and the shower has multiple jets and a steam option. Everything was fine until about 7pm when the noise started. A bunch of children, around 8-10 years old running and screaming up and down the halls, and banging into our door. We called the front desk and she assured that she would talk to them. Fine. Went out to get dinner came back and within 10 minutes of being in our room, same thing, about 9;30 at night, up and down the hall, banging and screaming. I called the front desk, she said she'd talk to them and the parents again. Fine. So I thought I'd use the Jacuzzi. Or should I call it a big tub for two with tiny bubbles...extremely disappointed. Ok, so my husband had shower, and once he figured out how to use the jets so it wouldn't blast him in unmentionable areas, he thought he'd try the steam shower. Didn't work. So again kids running up and down the halls. Almost 10:30 at this time. I called the front desk again, and she said, well I can't see them from where I'm standing (the front desk looks up into some windows in front of our room) and I said they are banging into my door as I'm on the phone, and she was saying well I can not see them. Yeah, so thanks for telling the customer they are lying. That's great customer service......Finally the kids parents decided to make them go to sleep so it was quiet.
Next morning, had breakfast downstairs, it was ok, would have been nice to have bacon replenished as there wasn't any when I got there, and none the entire 30 minutes we were eating. Upon checkout I told the clerk who was different from the night before that possibly in the future when they book their best room for double the price of the other rooms in the hotel they would be smart to not put a team of young children in the rooms in the same hall. Hotel was at probably 25% capacity and there were two floors and probably only about 10 other guests that we could see in the hotel at the same time. I also mentioned the remarks of the clerk the evening before, and she said she was sorry that I was treated that way.
I sent an email to the General Manager of the hotel before I even had left the hotel that morning, and received an email back the next business day advising that she would like to give us a complimentary stay. I told her I would never stay at their hotel again, and would appreciate a refund. I was given a refund of 1/2 the price of our room, and am sort of satisfied with this, but would not and will not be recommending this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Lily2023
Gina D, General Manager at Admiral Inn Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear Ms. Susan;

Thank you for taking the time for writing your review on Trip Advisor - however, I am a bit confused as I believe that we have rectified the issues last week though e-mail.

The Admiral Inn Burlington would first like to apologize for any inconvenience you had experienced and our true goal is to ensure each and every guest receives the proper guest satisfaction possible.

The suggestions on the guestroom will be rectified and fixed. Sometimes, hotels are not aware of any issues until the guest points them out and we thank you for this.

Also, sometimes teams do get out of hand and each and every hotel experiences this as well. We all do our best to keep the noise down and ensure safety is looked after.

A complimentary night was offered to you and was not accepted. The hotel did refund 1/2 price of the room as requested.

We hope that in the future, you will reconsider the Admiral Inn Burlington and give us another opportunity.