“Food is great!”

Price range: US$8 - US$13
Cuisines: Healthy, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Welcome to the Award-Winning LETTUCE LOVE CAFE. We are Canada's first 100% Gluten-free Vegan Restaurant, and we are Burlington's healthiest food option. Consistently rated #1 by TripAdvisor and Reader's Choice Awards. Our food is hand-made daily with the freshest natural ingredients. Our produce is organic and locally harvested whenever available. Our service is award-winning and the friendliest you'll find. Our intimate, relaxed and cozy restaurant and patio is just steps away from the beautiful waterfront.
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This was my second time here. First time a few months ago with my daughter and yesterday for lunch with both daughters. Both times the food was excellent! Yesterday our lunches were a portobello mushroom sandwich, a grilled cheese sandwich and the Chana masala bowl. All 3 were delicious. The staff are very upbeat. Yesterday we sat on the patio. When we were here a few months ago it was cooler so we ate inside. After lunch the 2 of us went shopping and at some point realized our clothing smelled like the restaurant and so did our hair. I can only assume they have a ventilation problem. While we loved our lunch we both agreed we wanted to return but wouldn't go unless we could sit outside to avoid the smell, which is exactly what we did yesterday. However we could tell when we walked inside that had we eaten inside again we would have left smelling like the food. I would gladly give this restaurant 5 stars for their food but have to take something away for this other issue. If you go, sit outside!

forktravels, Owner at Lettuce Love Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you for your great review. Yes, we have had a ventilation issue and the landlord has been slow to fix it, but we sent him your review (thank you) and he is now motivated to complete the job and remedy the issue. We hope to have it completed within a couple of weeks at the latest. We hope to see you then, and thank you again for writing your review and hope you will give us a 5 next time:)
Cheers

There are newer reviews for Lettuce Love Cafe

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Everything was great from the moment I walked in. The staff was wonderful, knowledgeable and you could tell the guy working loved his job. The food was amazing, will definitely being going back. It was a little expensive but definitely worth it.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

The meal we had was okay. I felt that the flavours were one-dimensional and got boring after a few bites. It was rice... chickpeas.... and some curry sauce (though I did like that it was spicy). The avocado wasn't even ripe... so couldn't eat that. Basically, overpriced for some very basic ingredients. The beer was warm... and the staff was very adamant that they would close up at 9PM. Maybe better for a quick and healthy lunch, rather than a dinner.... Though sounds like most people had a positive experience, so I'd probably give it another try!

7  Thank 695dm
Reviewed 31 July 2014

First of all I want to thank the owner who personally came over to our table to ask how the food was. That is a fantastic customer service skill plus the other staff members kept smiling and being extra helpful which is delightful. The food was healthy and nutritious. My friend and I had wanted to try this place for a while since we had heard good reviews. We were not disappointed. My daughter who is a vegetarian enjoyed her dish. We sat outside on the patio in the lovely sunshine. We will definitely be returning to this wonderful little cafe.
Michelle Carr

Reviewed 23 July 2014

My daughter and I had heard of Lettuce Love Cafe some months ago and finally decided to try it for lunch today and can't wait to return! Our meals were excellent - fresh, real food, free of all the hidden unhealthy ingredients that other restaurants add to make the food "taste good", but upset my stomach. We are not vegan, nor do we have gluten intolerance issues but we do love to eat healthy and we left the cafe extremely satisfied and choosing menu items for our next visit. Today, my daughter (university student) had the OMG Grilled Cheese sandwich which was loaded with flavour as was my Organic House-Made Veggie Burger. We shared the Cheesecake for dessert and highly recommend all our choices. Generous portions and extremely satisfying.

3  Thank Astrida H