“Poor service”

August 8
Ranked #120 of 482 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: All you can eat sushi
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We usually dine at the one in downtown Hamilton but we were in Burlington yesterday so decided to just eat at this location. The servers were miserable here compared to August 8 in Hamilton.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

On both visits to August 8, service has been slow and placing an order was extremely difficult. While they offer a diverse menu, including Dim Sum, none was particularly satisfying. It was nearly 20 minutes before the server brought me my drink and my request for new napkin was ignored. While the decor is very pretty, August 8 is unusually busy and makes for a noisy atmosphere.

2  Thank itsallpeachy
Reviewed 9 May 2014

The food is pretty good and a good deal. But the service at this place is horrible. For all you can eat you order stuff and don't get it. And then you get stuff you don't order. Been there 4-5 times in the past year or so and there are better all you can eat places in Hamilton.

2  Thank AdnanHamOnt
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I liked the ice cream and dimsum but the sushi and sashimi was bad specially tuna. maybe I'm very sensitive with the smell and the texture of the fish, it was just so awful to me, I could not swallow it. but if you are not, my friends really liked it so u might like it too. Other than raw fishes everything was just average good and fast service! Rolls was half and half, we ordered like 7 rolls and just 3 of them were good and I liked the california??roll.

1  Thank goxiah
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Burlington you must be confused! How can you give this restaurant such a good review? The quality of food is one of the worst I have been to in terms of sushi restaurants. Was absolutely nothing special about the service and to top off the evening there was a black hair deep fried into my shrimp tempura. Ewwwwww never again.
If you want good sushi I recommend Sakai :)

2  Thank Sonja S