“Good Price, Just the Basics” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Toronto West - Burlington / Oakville

Motel 6 Toronto West - Burlington / Oakville
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Burlington
Brighton, Canada
“Good Price, Just the Basics”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

I recently stayed at the Motel 6 in Burlington for three nights. The front desk staff was very friendly, helpful and accommodating. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. Very basic furnishing and amenities; no hair dryer, iron or microwave. I did ask for, and got a mini fridge in my room. Free WIFI is nice. One thing I found annoying about the room was the TV is set to auto shut-off after a relatively short time (seemed like less than 2 hours)-the setting cannot be turned off. Even though the hotel was full on Saturday night, it was quiet in my room. Pets are welcome and there is lots of grassy area around the hotel to walk your dogs. Grounds were well kept too. Very good value for the price. I would go back if I had to stay in that area again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank RRC1203
GeneralManager1900, Manager at Motel 6 Toronto West - Burlington / Oakville, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
RRC1203:

Thank-you for your great review I will mention this to the staff. We try our hardest to keep our property very clean for our guests.
We are pet friendly so we welcome all the pets, no charge.
We hope to see you in the near future, and please stop by the Front Desk to give us your opinion about your stay.

Tina Krasic
MOD

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
IAH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

I usually choose Motel 6 only when I travel solo, have a short stay and to cut cost.
I don't expect much from basic budget hotels except for clean & safe rooms.
I was taken by surprise when I entered this Motel 6.
It seems like they have recently renovated the hotel with the new Motel 6 layout.
This is definitely the best Motel 6 I've ever stayed and not a typical low end Motel 6.
I wouldn't hesitate to bring my companion (as opposed to travel solo) to this hotel if the same quality is maintained.
Nice clean lobby. WiFi was free and working fine. Rooms are accessible from inside not from outside in a typical motel setup, which I prefer.
Staffs were friendly. Flat screen TV. Nicely appointed room (for the price).
Very clean & spotless room. The room was average size. Bed was very clean and comfortable.
The hotel definitely felt more high end than a typical budget Motel 6.
Well, this is still a basic & budget hotel so don't expect all other amenities like Microwave, iron, or bathroom amenities.
For the price I paid, this definitely a great value & bargain.
I would recommend to anyone and stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManager1900, General Manager at Motel 6 Toronto West - Burlington / Oakville, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
Skyhigh Travellover:

Thank-you for the great review, I will pass it along to our staff, they enjoy hearing great comments from the guests.
We hope to see you in the near future and I hope you are pleased with your next visit.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

Amazing staff.. Clean and affordable ... Great new upgraded renovations... I travel alot all over North america ... i stay at many places of all price ranges . this motel 6 in particular had the nicest and most accommodating staff I have ever come across.. I recommend and refer this place to anyone I know whom will be staying in the GTA.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank 052613
GeneralManager1900, General Manager at Motel 6 Toronto West - Burlington / Oakville, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
Dear Sir/Madam

We most definately apprecaite your feedback, as it help us to strive in continuing to please our guest. We hope to see you in the near future!!!

Management
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013

My friend and I stayed for two nights in a double room. The beds were indeed double, not queen. The room was in very good condition. It was sparkling clean and very basic. No pictures on the wall, no carpets but rather a tiled floor. Two thin bars of soap in the bathroom - bring your own shampoo and other toilletries. But for the price it was very nice. The beds were very comfortable. The service at the desk was fast, efficient and friendly. The hotel is very convenient to the highway, yet the room was quiet. We were attending a funtion in downtown Burlington on the lakeshore - it was about a 10 minute drive. There are many restaurants along Fairview. It felt a little like staying in a dorm, but for the price couldn't have been better!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank carmarg
GeneralManager1900, General Manager at Motel 6 Toronto West - Burlington / Oakville, responded to this review, 2 May 2013
Dear valued Motel 6 guest,

Thank you very much for your kind posting and I am very happy that you enjoyed the hotel. I actually wanted to let you know that as of May, 1, 2013 we are introducing SHAMPOO and KLEENEX BOXES in all of our rooms so next time when you are travelling and staying with us you may leave your shampoo at home. We hope to see you very soon.
Scarborough
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

We booked in at the Motel 6 for 2 nights due to a funeral. This review is coming after the first night.

The location is convenient alongside the highway.

The rooms are small, hot, and stale smelling. The "Queen" bed is the smallest Queen bed we have ever seen. Bed was decently comfy though. The pillows are absolutely awful. If you can, bring your own.

Our room faced the highway so the noise never stopped. Also, the drapes don't cover the edges of the window so you have street lights coming into your room at night and the sun in the morning (made it impossible to sleep in).

Overall, had a terrible sleep and we're sure wishing we weren't staying here another night.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank traveller_toronto89
GeneralManager1900, General Manager at Motel 6 Toronto West - Burlington / Oakville, responded to this review, 3 May 2013
Dear sir/madam,

We are very sorry for your unpleasant stay. However your feedback to us was very important and we will be looking into some of these concerns. Furthermore we do hope that if you do come back we can compensate in some way, to make your stay more pleasurable.

We do apologize again,

Motel 6 Burlington
Shelburne, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013

My family of 6 stayed here for 4 days between closing our old house and getting the new. The staff was very friendly and I was surprised how modern and clean the rooms were. Not fancy but very nice for the money. Would definitely recommend to friends.

Room Tip: Any room number ending in 15 or 16 is near the elevator and ice machine. A little noisy.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 66ninetyeightls
Dear sir/ Madam

Were very happy to know that your time here was quiete an enjoyable one. We appreaciate your feed back and do hope to see you in the near future.

Again Thank you,

Motel 6 Burlington.
BC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2013

I stayed at this hotel soon after it opened years ago and it was great. They say they are renovating now, and the room I stayed in looked like one on the renovation picture. But if I was fussy at all (or not worn out) I would have moved rooms and quite possible hotels.

I was in a room on the main level. Allegedly non-smoking. But the hallway smelled of smoke, and the room also smelled of stale smoke. Seriously - there are still hotels that allow smoking?

Bed and pillow were flat and hard, and the sheets were thin. The towels are small and rough.

From other stays I knew not to expect shampoo or anything. I was actually impressed to see they now supply soap!

It was clean enough. Somewhat disconcerting to see access panels not closed tight, so there were gaps in the walls where who knows what critters could crawl in. I feared putting my suitcase on the ground over night.

The people at reception were very nice. The guy who cared for a late night check in was friendly and efficient - and knew a lot about basket ball. The Woman when I dropped the key off in the morning was very cheerful - I didn't want to ruin her day by saying how stinky the room was.

For $59 bucks I'm not sure you could ask for much more. Just be sure you know what you are getting in to when you go. Just a touch above a camper...that someone had smoked in.

Free wi fi was fast and stable - can't say that for many hotels!

Room Tip: Try to check in early, and check the room out before dragging your suitcases to them. You might hav...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Leavethesn0wbehind
GeneralManager1900, General Manager at Motel 6 Toronto West - Burlington / Oakville, responded to this review, 4 May 2013
Dear sir

We kindly thank you for your good and bad feedback. We do apologize for certain minor issues that weren't up to satisfaction. However, the next time your hear please bring it to our attention and will do our best to make sure your in a room of satisfactoy. Morever, if your in the area next again we would be more than happy to give you a 10% discount to compensate!!!

Management
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Quality Hotel Burlington
Canadas Best Value Inn-Burlington/Hamilton
Sandman Hotel Oakville
Sandman Hotel Oakville
#2 of 11 in Oakville

Been to Motel 6 Toronto West - Burlington / Oakville? Share your experiences!