“Finally gave it a try...”
Review of Local Eatery & Refuge - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Local Eatery & Refuge
Cuisines: American
Grand Cayman
“Finally gave it a try...”
Reviewed 8 December 2011

We've driven past this place repeatedly and finally one night, when seeking "comfort food", we gave it a try.

It was more of a sports bar/pub than I expected by the name and appearance from the outside, but that was fine. The service was very freindly, okay in terms of sufficiency.

So the waitress was pitching this beer to my husband and returned moments later to say that they were all out. Bit of a disappointment but not a deal breaker. I ordered a Baked Ziti dish that I found was a bit dry overall and not overly impressive. "Over-baked Ziti" might have summed it up better. Oddly, their pasta dishes are not accompanied by any garlic bread or anything...I mentioned this to the waitress and she was able to get the kitchen to make some up for me. This was a great gesture...but sadly, the bread was hard and over-baked, much like the pasta.

My hubby had one of the pizzas and said it was pretty good. He didn't seem overwhelmed either (it was a thin crust style). Given the price ponts...I expected more. So definitely not value for your money here.

No desserts for us...can't say I would rush back but I might give them the benefit of the doubt some other time, if I am seeking that kind of environment (but probably not)

Overall...underwhelmed!