“Good family experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Reservations, Waitstaff
Burlington, On
“Good family experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013

We took our kids here for dinner last week and we had a good time. The food was very good and our server was excellent. I wouldn't bring the kids here later in the evening as it was getting quite busy and loud by the time we left but for an early dinner it's a good family option. The prices aren't bad compared to similar dining options.

• Visited February 2013

Gibsons, Canada
“Great service, hot dishes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

Lunch time eatery for 2 of us. Service was excellent and the fish tacos I ordered, I requested gluten free and had corn tacos insted of the flour. Yummy.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank mellowjude
Little Current, Canada
“Expected local food?!? What is with the name?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2012

I was expecting a nice trendy place that specialized in local food. Instead it was a beautiful jazzed up standard issue restaurant. Ordered wine, nachos with guacamole, didn't get the guacamole and the 13 dollar nachos were straight out of the Caseys playbook. My date enjoyed his clam chowder. We both ordered salmon, were then told they were out. Might have mentioned that when we sat down. My Tikki Masala was the smallest dinner portion I have. Ever seen. Served over basmati with no veg. My date had a 27 dollar strip loin with scallops, shrimp and a garlic cream sauce served with 2 sides. The whole thing fit on one platter. He said it was fabulous. Staff was polite but not skilled. So sick of cute well dressed young servers who have no personality. The manager came by and asked how everthing was, I responded 'ok', that answer was enough for him.
Went to Local looking for a unique experience that I didn't get.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Toronto, Canada
“NEXT!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2012

A friend and I swung by here after a local round of golf for a quick bite and a couple pints. Nothing here really separates this bar from the rest of the "upscale sports bars" in Burlington. Especially the food. We ordered some nachos over the 13 dollar mark and got literally a handful of chips with some random toppings. Hardly enough put a dent in the smallest of appetites.

We mentioned to the waitress that the portion size was a bit on the skimpish side and she hardily agreed noting she had numerous complaints. She kindly apologized (not her fault, noted), removed the app from the bill.

Ambience.....meh. Service - great. Food - first introduction lacking lustre.

I'll probably pass by this place next time in the area.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Ontario
“Fantastic food, patio and waitresses...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012

I eat here a few times a month and the food is always fantastic. Beef Tacos, burgers, angry shrimp, wings.. pretty much everything. I had one of the hot dogs once and I really didn't like it.. not my thing. The patio is very large and comfortable. During football season they have a make you own Bloody Mary "bar" they have a few massive booths that could fit 9 people.. maybe even more. The waitresses are attractive, friendly and always wearing little black dresses.Bonus.

The only misses I have ever had were one a few summer Sundays where the service the patio has been pretty slow, but usually a rare occasion.

• Visited September 2012