“7 days to return deposit”
Review of City View Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
City View Motel
Ranked #3 of 6 Burlington B&B and Inns
Cornwall, Canada
“7 days to return deposit”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Clean, basic rooms. Run by an arrogant owner. The customer is never right! When i disagreed with the owner I was asked to leave because he did not like my attitude. I do not recommend this motel to anyone.They actually take $200.00 off your card and take their time reimbursing it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Dave C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Cambridge, Canada
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I called in the morning, referring to the website that shows 2 bedroom suite. I was told that the manager wouldn't be available till after three. I called back accordingly and asked if it was available for that evening. Got a positive response and booked for that evening. When I arrived I was required to pay in advance and given a key to the room (with two beds). When I went back to the office the manager told me I was mistaken and they didn't have such a thing as 2 bedrooms. I ended up having to take two separate rooms and pay additional funds. When I got my computer installed I took it to the office to show the manager the website where it showed the 2 bedroom reference. She argued with me for about 5 minutes and then finally agreed that it was wrong and they would change the website accordingly. Nothing has since been changed on the website. I went there specifically because I wanted 2 bedrooms.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank caucaux

Travellers are raving about these Burlington hotels

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 12 October 2013

What a shame: if it wasn't for the mattress coils digging into us all night long, this would have been a good place to stay. Great shower, new apt.-size fridge, good microwave, a/c, good cable reception, free wifi, free parking, nice owner, super clean throughout. But we got maybe 3 hours' sleep, trying to get comfortable between those rows of back-digging mattress coils (room #6).
There is free coffee in the office, but only starting at 9am, and if the owner isn't in, you have to ring the intercom. They also have lots of touristy brochures, but when I went to check them out, the owner wasn't there & I didn't want to bother her for that.
*Check the mattress for comfort before renting.

Room Tip: Check the mattress for comfort before renting.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank likewyse
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 30 May 2013

We came up to Hamilton to watch Jerry Seinfeld so only needed a nice place to stay for two nights. This place was the perfect place to stay - very friendly manager, clean rooms, good bathrooms and very cheap! The only issue we had was that the WI-FI connection was terrible, it barely worked on the first night and on the second night it didn't work at all. We stayed in the furthest away room from reception though so that probably had something to with it.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Steve M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Comfort Inn
Visitors Inn
#6 of 20 in Hamilton
Quality Hotel Burlington
#5 of 14 in Burlington

Been to City View Motel? Share your experiences!