Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington
City View Inn(Burlington)
US$78
US$105
US$70
Admiral Inn Burlington(Burlington)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$83
US$104
US$90
Comfort Inn(Burlington)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$83
US$88
All reviewsone bedroom suitecomplimentary dinnerbasketball courthome away from homegreat hotelfull size fridgelong term staysmall kitchenfamily stayhotel experiencesitting areahot breakfasteasy accessa great stayfree breakfastbusiness trippull out couch
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We needed a place to stay overnight and a friend suggested Homewood Suites. This was my first Ride to conquer Cancer and my friend I was riding with said it was a good place to stay, plus they allowed pets so we could bring our little dog. My wife arrived early to see if she could get in early. The room was not ready but she was able to leave our luggage while i was riding in the event. Then later we came after I finished and our room was ready and our luggage was already there. The staff were fantastic and service we awesome. Very accommodating..

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
HWBurlington, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2015

Reviewed 11 June 2014

My wife, daughter, grandson, and I stayed at this property in order to attend the Canadian Military Tattoo in Hamilton. We were in a suite, Room 311. Some don'ts: this room is located within about 10 ft (3 meters) of the backboard on the basketball court. [Whoever designed this kind of set up should have their engineering credentials revoked!!] It was nice weather and a number of young men were playing BBall; they were well mannered and enjoying themselves--but not good if you want to take a nap or just relax! I would substitute highway noise for the sounds of dribbling and banging on the backboard.

There are other details--the shower redirect was stuck in the up position--so the first guy in (me!) got a cold blast to start the day. This device needed some service (and would surely be noticed by attentive housekeeping staff when servicing the bathroom). There were some issues with the change out of linen from the previous guests, but these were addressed in a fair way by the Front Desk, although not without pressing the issue. [My daughter changed the sheets at 11:30 p.m.]

Now, the pluses--this is a well-maintained property, with an excellent location to the highway and other areas of Burlington (and easy access to Hamilton). The complimentary breakfast is ample, although they need to have a can of Pam or other release agent for the waffle iron--everyone who used the waffle machine got to fight with tongs to remove the perfectly done waffle in pieces--with instructions not to use utensils staring at the user!!

The suite had a complete kitchen setup, and had we stayed longer would have provided all the tools necessary for food preparation. This property shares a parking lot with a Hilton Garden Inn. It, too, is a nice property. We did not stay there, but in years past have availed ourselves of their more complete breakfast.

It is a good value and conveniently located, and the desk personnel attentive.

Room Tip: In nice weather, stay away from rooms around the basketball court.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Homewood suites is always a good experience with comfortable bed, able to set temperature to cool at night, some hotels limit how cool the room can get. Food was good and plenty available. Location was a bit far away from activities closer in to Toronto, drive is a bit congested.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We checked in at a reasonable hour (630 PM) and were given the above room. Upon checking into the room, we saw it was a jacuzzi room which took up a big chunk of space and the kitchen/living room section was tiny as a result. I asked if we could be moved and the reception told us they were full up.

Coming back from dinner, the room was quite noisy. I should have realized this, but we were next to the elevator and the sound was extremely loud and distracting. My wife wore ear plugs and I turned on the fan to the AC to mask the sound, but that's really not an acceptable situation.

I do like Homewood Suites (we stayed in a very good one near Buffalo later in our trip), but this one didn't deliver.

Room Tip: Don't use 201 (or probably any other room that ends in 01)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I have stayed at this hotel for 9 months while working on a project in the area. The complimentary breakfast is always varied and tasty, and the complimentary supper also offers a different menu every everning. Then there is always the option of doing your own groceries and cooking in your suite. I loved the large selection of TV channels and used the complimentary Internet on a daily basis. I have also used the fitness facility in the past, but given its small size and very limited equipment selection, your preferred equipment may not always be free. The times I stayed in the hot tub suite I took advantage of a wonderfully relaxing bath, without the inconvenience of having to sprint from the hot tub into the house to avoid catching a cold. The beds are comfortable, but the pillows are a bit weak. You may have to stack two on top of each other if you like some neck support. I stay at this hotel everytime I return to the area for business.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business