“An Italian gem in Burlington”

DiMario's Trattoria
Ranked #6 of 477 Restaurants in Burlington
Price range: US$8 - US$32
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Burlington, Canada
“An Italian gem in Burlington”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Quaint cosy excellent food and service. Had dinner on a Thursday evening. food choices were tantalizing with acceptable reasonably priced wine selection. Our waiter was proficient in explaining the specials which were varied.
The restaurant would have been a delightful, quiet and enjoyable except for a large group of noisy women who should have been placed in the restaurant's private dining room ,which was not in use.
.The place was busy with people coming and going but at no time did we feel rushed..
Try the Italian draught beer; it's not Irish good but it's better than anything Canadian.

Burlington
“Brilliant suggestion by our waiter....and delicious food....”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We were made to feel welcome even though we were reallllly early for dinner, having skipped lunch, and found the restaurant every bit as comfortable as we had assumed from other reader reviews...The 1/2 litre of Montepulciano we had ordered turned out to be surprisingly mellow....Very good start....My wife had decided on the Pumkin Ravioli, and I was torn between the Veal Saltimbocca and the Mushroom Risotto....that's where the brilliant suggestion came in...Why not have the Saltimbocca and for a small upcharge have the Risotto added instead of the regular potatos and vegetables???? Sold !!!! With that kind of attitude, no wonder it's a busy place.....The meals were just delicious, nice servings, well presented.....As it was early evening when we left, we did not notice excesslive noise levels, but it's possible....

1 Thank AmigoBert
Cambridge, Canada
“Food is EXCELLENT - but it gets noisy!”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Had a fabulous evening with friends at DiMario's. We started with some bruschetta and a small antipasto plate. We had appetizers of caprese salad and the feature of tiger shrimps with just the right amount of spice to kick it up! MMM. For the mains I had linguine with scallop and portabella mushroom, my husband had veal rotolo which was two very generous portions of rotolo and two side pieces of breaded veal. The flavor of both dishes was amazing (of course my fork made it to his plate). His had the perfect texture of cream and tomato and mine was perfect, my scallops were cooked perfectly and neither of us left anything for a “to go” package.
The only issue with the restaurant is the noise; there were times during the meal where we could not hear each other across the table over the raised voices of waiters / patrons in the restaurant. It did interrupt our conversation, but it was definitely not something that ruined the atmosphere or the time we had there.
Will we be back, DEFINITELY!!!

Cumbria
“Great food but too noisy”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

This has to be the best dining experince one can have in Burlington but sadly the ambient noise level was far too high. I found it hard to hear the person sitting beside me. Perhaps if they owners introduced some soft wall linings, the sound may not echo about the place. Apart from this, the food was excellent. I had mussels in white wine and rack of lamb, which was cooked to perfection. Next time I go, I will eat outside on their patio, so I can enjoy conversation without joining in the shouting.

• Visited September 2013
Burlington, Canada
“Delicious!!!”
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

I went with my wife for our anniversary and we did not regret our choice in the least! We started with mussels in a white wine sauce and a buffalo mozzarella salad. Mussels and salad were both fresh and tasty. I had the Osso bucco for a main.... Melt in your mouth delicious! My wife had the Mahi Mahi which was also well prepared. Prepare to open your wallet, but the food was well worth it. We may have to make this a regular habit.

Visited September 2013