“Canada Day Free Buffet, worth the wait”

Mandarin Restaurant
Ranked #63 of 491 Restaurants in Burlington
Price range: US$6 - US$26
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, International, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Award-winning buffet featuring delicious Chinese, Canadian, and International dishes - all prepared fresh daily. Serving over 100 all-you-can-eat items including soups, salads, sushi, grilled items, hot entrees, and desserts. Also offering a-la-carte, take-out and delivery.
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We knew it was going to be a long wait because of Canada Day and it was, because it was free! They do this every 5 years. We got there at 11;30 and got in at 2;00 PM. it was worth the wait. The staff handed out water which we appreciated in the extreme heat. The food was good as usual, although they didn't have the usual spareribs or lobster because it was the middle of the week. Because of the long line-ups I think it was too hard to prepare the different types of spare ribs and lobster wasn't on the menu. All the food was fresh and there was a big selection as usual /the desserts were very good as usual, and they even had cotton candy if you wanted it. . I would not hesitate to go back again, but not on Canada Day, it was too hot to wait in line that long. The staff were very lovely and good mannered and we left a good tip.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

Have been going here several times a year since it opened in Burlington at a different location.. The last few times, I have been disappointed. Can't quite put my finger on it but food quality/selection not as good as it was. It doesn't seem special/lavish anymore. High prices for a hohum experience!

2  Thank Jenny J
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Family came in from Europe today so I decided to take them to the Mandarin at 3 o'clock in the afternoon I made my reservation for 715 for four people I got there at 6:30 explained I was early and I was going to stand outside around 7 o'clock I came and asked if my table was ready they said the manager is handling it since it was not 715 yet I went back outside 25 after seven went in asked about my table the girl at the desk was extremely rude to me and telling me that she does not know where my reservation is and I did see my name on the list so I pointed it out to her she said that the manager is handling it I've been asked to speak to the manager I then asked the manager what is going on that I have people from Europe wanting to eat there and I've been standing outside all night because everything was so over packed in there she rudely said I don't even know if I can see two till 9 o'clock and that I'm going to have to calm down I will never ever recommend this Mandarin nor will I ever go to this Mandarin again I am very upset highly disappointed and will not take the rudeness when I am spending my good well earned money there my recommendations do not to go to this Mandarin unless you want to be treated terrible and rude by the staff and manager disgusting I am completely disgusted!

7  Thank Pocks80
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We wanted reservations (2 couples) for the busy New Years Eve Celebrations and found the reservation process at the Mandarin to be very friendly and efficient.
Upon arrival, the restaurant was packed, yet our name was called at the exact time of our reservation 7:15 pm.
The selection was excellent, freshly prepared and constantly being replenished.
The entire staff were very pleasant.
Despite a very busy night, we never felt rushed and enjoyed the meal and experience very much.
The Mandarin does not take the typical approach of raising prices on New Years Eve just to cash in on the hype.
Full compliments to the Mandarin and their staff.

2  Thank Jim B
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We've been here quite a few times and have always enjoyed it. We thought this time however that it had slipped a bit. Firstly we thought the selection of non Chinese foods had been reduced and now it is a straight Chinese buffet with the addition of a roast beef dinner, but without any non Chinese vegetables. Secondly, they seem very anxious for you to eat your food and leave so they can reuse the table. Even at the very beginning of the meal we all had to change places when they realised that we had been given a too big a table, so they could pull a two seater table off the end of ours. Not simple matter with kids in high chairs.