“1st time with the family”

The Black Bull Neighbourhood Pub
Ranked #109 of 482 Restaurants in Burlington
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Recently went to the Black Bull for lunch. The atmosphere could have been better but the food was good. REALLY GOOD! We ordered the burgers, the valley salad with yoghurt dressing and fish and chips for the kids. The burger was FANTASTIC! Nice tangy bar-b-que sauce in the very generous sized burger. The salad was better than expected. The fish was a bit greasy but the fries were just the way we like them. Golden brown and made fresh with real potatoes. Service was okay and the server was pleasant. Seemed like there were a few regulars when we were there. Would definitely go there again especially since kids eat for free on weekends!

Rob J, Owner at The Black Bull Neighbourhood Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Thank You so much for the kind words! My brother Laird and I really appreciate the comments and your business. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

We go to the Black Bull for dinner and lunch occasionally...but their Wednesday Wing Night takes the cake.

49 cent HUGE JUICY CRISPY wings and $7.49 mini pitchers keep us coming back. The service is fantastic and new owner/management really turned the place around.

Give them a shot this Wednesday and you'll never order wings anywhere else.

1  Thank edemec
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We went more out of curiosity one morning for breakfast and found the food a pleasant surprise. Quick and hot while reasonably priced. Décor a little tired but as a pub, it is what it is!

Reviewed 9 March 2013

Took the family for dinner tonight. Great food and great service. Prime rib was great and the kid's meals were awesome - great homemade chicken fingers too. We'll be back for sure.

Reviewed 10 February 2013

This place recently got new management and I'll tell you - what a difference. The place was falling apart before. It's quite a landmark place in Burlington. My wife and I had our stag and doe there about 7 yrs ago and it was ok, but since the new management, they've cleaned up a bunch of the restaurant. They have lots of events, the food is much improved and the place is starting to draw back people who gave up on it in the past.
While I liked the old place, I really like the new place and I've met a couple of the new owners - they're younger and have great new ideas.

Time will tell with these guys but all the improvements I've seen already are well received. Looking forward to heading out there one night for Kareoke and a couple of pints.