“Excellent food and service”
Review of Mikado

Mikado
Ranked #61 of 474 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

My husband and I walked by this little resto many times. It is easy to miss as it is a very unassuming place. We went for lunch on one of those stormy winter days which was perfect because we had no problem getting a seat. All of our dishes were very good; everything from the miso soup to the rolls to the bento boxes. The staff are gracious and friendly. Highly recommended. Most people gravitate to August 8, which has good food, but Mikado has a more quiet, intimate vibe and a conversation is possible whilst enjoying a delicious meal.

• Visited February 2014

Toronto
“Great Choice”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I like going to Mikado, because August 8 in Burlington is always jam packed with waits up to 45 mins. Even though Mikado is very small, I have never had to wait to be seated. It is a wonderful restaurant, just not as well known. They are situated right next to the LCBO on Elizabeth Street and parking is free on evenings and weekends right across the street. Mikado just introduced the "All You Can Eat" option to their sunday menu for the same price as August 8. Their food quality is fantastic. I recomend the Chicken terriaki, banaa tampura and any of their specialty rolls! Also note, that their spicy salmon maki roll is actually spicy! The service is a little slower than the bigger restaurants, but this wasn't a big deal to me as I was not in a hurry and the quality of the food was amazing. Enjoy!

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank T M
Ontario
“Great vegetarian/vegan options”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I enjoyed the tofu teriyaki, avocado sushi rolls! There is enough tofu Teryaki for two people to share, so I suggest ordering two different meals and splitting them for variety. There are several choices in vegetarian sushi rolls, which is not always easy to find. I tried ordering a combination dinner, but was advised that I couldn't get the tofu teryaki on this combination, that I could only get chicken, beef, or shrimp, so I am not sure what is up with that!

I will definitely go back. All 4 in my party agreed that this was a 'keeper'.

• Visited November 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“Nice Cozy Place”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Unlike other restaurants, we picked this place quite randomly, but never had regrets. It's conveniently situated in the Burlington Downtown. Even though it looks sort of squeezed between two buildings, it is very spacious inside.

It had one of the largest menus we've ever seen in a sushi restaurant. Food was really tasty, and the price was more than affordable.

Verdict: Highly Recommended!

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank VincentStark
Waterdown, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love love love - we go every weekend”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

My husband and I have started going to Mikado over a year ago now - and we are hooked! The food is amazing and really fresh. Staff is very nice - chef comes and greets us personally when we arrive. Decor could use a bit of upgrading but don't judge the book by it's cover. :)

• Visited July 2013