“Very nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mikado

Mikado
Ranked #67 of 472 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Very nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Excellent food and sevice.
They have variety types of wines and rolls was just so good. Sushi and sashimi was average, nothing different from other japanese restaurant but their speciall rolls and tempura was very good high quality.

Caledon, Canada
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

Fast, great service and delicious sashimi! I went there with my son who was starving and was amazed at how fast we got served. Sushi sashimi and maki were great

Burlington, Canada
“Good food but lacking in other areas”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

We were a group of four that all enjoyed our food but were having a hard time keeping warm! You shouldn't have to wear your coat to stay comfortable in a restaurant. Service was a bit slow which was fine because we were not in a hurry. Nice selection of wines but don't go here if you want anything other than beer or wine! Also, nothing was offered in terms of dessert. I always appreciate the small scoop of ice cream or small plate of fruit offered at other sushi restaurants.

2 Thank RLN75
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

My husband and I walked by this little resto many times. It is easy to miss as it is a very unassuming place. We went for lunch on one of those stormy winter days which was perfect because we had no problem getting a seat. All of our dishes were very good; everything from the miso soup to the rolls to the bento boxes. The staff are gracious and friendly. Highly recommended. Most people gravitate to August 8, which has good food, but Mikado has a more quiet, intimate vibe and a conversation is possible whilst enjoying a delicious meal.

Toronto
“Great Choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

I like going to Mikado, because August 8 in Burlington is always jam packed with waits up to 45 mins. Even though Mikado is very small, I have never had to wait to be seated. It is a wonderful restaurant, just not as well known. They are situated right next to the LCBO on Elizabeth Street and parking is free on evenings and weekends right across the street. Mikado just introduced the "All You Can Eat" option to their sunday menu for the same price as August 8. Their food quality is fantastic. I recomend the Chicken terriaki, banaa tampura and any of their specialty rolls! Also note, that their spicy salmon maki roll is actually spicy! The service is a little slower than the bigger restaurants, but this wasn't a big deal to me as I was not in a hurry and the quality of the food was amazing. Enjoy!

• Visited November 2013