We just came back from Langdon Hall and even though I loved the grounds, the swimming pool area and the service I must admit the Spa was very disappointing. Very small and awkward layout - the manicure/pedicure area set up in the hallway while you are passing from Reception to the change room; sitting area is very sad as it lacks in privacy. No indoor swimming pool, just a small hot tub, the treatment room was very small and without any character/decor. The massage therapist wasn't the most welcoming person either. I don’t believe she smiled even when she greeted me.
Positive - The Canada day barbeque was nicely set up with love band playing light jazz, food was good and the fireworks were held right in their garden. I would come back for their afternoon tea but it is not a Spa destination for me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Langdon Hall offers a quiet and peaceful environment best suited for romantic get-aways that require an elegant setting. As a member of the prestigious Relais & Chateaux association, the property prides itself on creating a unique experience brimming with all the charm, character, cuisine, calm and courtesy you would find at the finest Relais & Chateaux property. Located one hour west of Toronto, Langdon Hall was built as a magnificent summer home in 1898 for the granddaughter of John Jacob Astor of New York City, a gentlemen who made his fortune in several areas of business including the Waldorf Astoria, the greatest hotel of its era. In 1987 Langdon Hall began its transformation into a hotel and now offers 60 guest suites, a full service spa, the only five-diamond award wining restaurant in Ontario. In addition to the main dining room the property features a casual bar and private dining rooms featuring wood-burning fireplaces, and 75 acres of expansive gardens and trails. For three consecutive years the readers of Conde Nast Traveller selected Langdon Hall as the number one hotel in Canada. Nearby amenities include championship style golf course, canoeing, theatre, horseback riding, biking and hiking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, TripOnline SA and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Langdon Hall Country House Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Langdon Hall Country House Hotel Cambridge
- Langdon Hall Country House Hotel And Spa
- Langdon Hall Country Hotel
- Langdon Hall Country Cambridge
- Langdon Hall Country House Hotel & Spa Cambridge, Ontario