“Great place for our Team to stay”

Sunbridge Hotel & Conference Centre Cambridge
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Cambridge
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Our U14 Novice Softball team stayed here two weekends in a row and plan on going back for a third weekend. The courtyard area is perfect for the girls and parents to hang out. The out door heated pool was fantastic the first weekend when the hotel was booked solid with other teams and a wedding. The indoor heated pool was perfect the second weekend when it was a little cooler outside. Our parents and players loved their stay at this hotel and they staff was very good to us.

Room Tip: We all stayed on the ground floor, poolside and it was fantastic for gathering
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Stephanie W, Front Office Manager at Sunbridge Hotel & Conference Centre Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear ShannBetter,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Cambridge!
I'm so glad your team enjoy their stay and you have become such a loyal group.

We hope you can return soon and enjoy all our amenities again!

Stephanie

There are newer reviews for Sunbridge Hotel & Conference Centre Cambridge

Reviewed 9 June 2014

My Mom and I stayed at the hotel this past weekend for a basketball tournament in the area. Our room was very spacious and clean. We had a fridge, which was a nice feature. Our room also had a very beautiful view of the pool area. This was our second stay at this hotel, but first time having pool side and it is definitely worth it.
We didn't get out to the pool, but from what we could see it looked very nice. We enjoyed the trees and green space though.

My only complaint is that both times that we have stayed here we did not receive what we booked. We wanted the room with two double beds with a fridge. But when we arrived last time they "upgraded" us to a room with one king. This time they said that the two double bed room wouldn't have a fridge, nor would it be pool side (which we asked for this time). It was said that if we wanted a fridge with poolside views, we would have to take a room with one king bed and a pull out couch. It wasn't a big deal either time, but more effort should be given to give customers what they requested.

Room Tip: 134 had a really nice view of the pool, and was close to the entrance from the parking lot as well a...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
vivgomez, Front Office Manager at Sunbridge Hotel & Conference Centre Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Alyssa M,

Thank you for sharing your kinds words about the Holiday Inn Cambridge. I'm glad you and your mother enjoyed your overall stay with us and the amenities we have to offer.

However, please accept my sincerest apologies for not being able to grant you the room type you had reserved. Please trust, that we do try our very best to accomodate all reservations, but we will definitely put forth more effort the next time.

Again, thank you for your post and we hope to see you both again soon.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

My friend and I were at the hotel for one night for Jesus is Enough conference organized by Women's connection. Most hotels in the area were sold out when I called the hotel's reservation line to make my reservation. On getting to the hotel to check in, the customer service rep that checked me in said that I had already paid the bill since I booked through Expedia. I told him I didn't book through Expedia left and thought nothing of it until the next day. My friend and I were going into the dining room for breakfast and the person at the door asked us for our voucher. I told her we weren't given any, so we went back to the check in counter to ask for our voucher. The lady at the counter said we don't have free breakfast because we booked through Expedia,I told her I didn't book through Expedia and she called the manager named Vivian. Vivian told me the same thing and I told her it is weird because I didn't book through Expedia, I called the hotel's reservation line. I was shocked and didn't understand what happened with my booking. She asked for my reservation confirmation, I showed it to her on my phone, she said she couldn't read it and she asked me to forward it to her email address which i did. But she said she didn't receive it. She kept arguing with us and insisted we couldn't have breakfast.. We told her this is poor customer service and that it must be a mistake and that I didn't book through Expedia. She then asked me to tell her the website for the program organizer and the phone number I called after we told her we were running late for our program. This got us so pissed up and we left as we were running late and it will take a lot of scrolling through my phone to check my call history and look for the website. We were extremely dissapointed with the service and the way Vivian handled the situation. Just how much breakfast will 2 ladies eat that she had to frustrate us so much. We asked her to put herself in our shoes and asked what kind of service she would expect and she couldn't respond. Managers are supposed to use their discretion and ensure that the customer is happy, Vivian displayed none of that, she completely frustrated us and she didn't handle the situation well at all. We didn't have breakfast that day and got into our program late. I will not recommend this hotel and I will not stay there again. By the way, the toilet in the room had stains on the toilet seat and I had to use toilet paper to wipe it. I didn't come in with a lot of expectations for the cleanliness of the hotel and wouldn't have written a review about the toilet seat, but the service we received from Vivian was poor and I had to write a review. I told her I would make a report when we were leaving, but she couldn't be bothered.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank nana1221
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Sunbridge Hotel & Conference Centre Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear nana1221,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 18 March 2014

The reason for my high rating is not the facility itself but the service we received. The hotel building itself is "fine" - an average hotel of this class. But the staff who work there made it such a positive experience that I actually emailed head office, a first for me.
In short, the staff at the Holiday Inn Cambridge saved our mini holiday.

My sister and I were each planning to travel with our children to Niagara Falls for a mini getaway over March Break. Due to a storm and closed highways we had to cancel our reservation. Needless to say, with two packed cars and 5 kids between us there was a lot of disappointment. We decided to try to salvage a little relaxation time by checking into the Cambridge Holiday Inn as we had heard they had a decent sized indoor pool and figured at least the kids could get a little family time in that way.

The staff at this hotel was amazing, going over and above anything we ever expected. A special mention to Maggie ("Gumball") at the front desk and Free ("Yes that is my real name") in the dining room. Maggie gave us an early check in AND late check out in joining rooms and even showed up in our hallway with a little basket of treats for each room, saying she felt bad we had not made it to Niagara Falls with the kids. Free was accomodating and patient with the kids at breakfast (which was a wonderful upgrade well worth the rate difference) and really went out of his way to make sure that a food intolerance was accomodated for one of the children. That POOL! The kids spent hours swimming between Check In and Check Out, the pool was large, nice warm water and lots of fun.

Much appreciated

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank mom2two2
vivgomez, Front Office Manager at Sunbridge Hotel & Conference Centre Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Dear Mom2two2,

Thank you for sharing such wonderful comments about out hotel staff. Maggie and Free were absolutely thrilled to be recognized for the level of service they provide each and everyday, but that someone went out of their way to share the experience. Of course, this was shared with the rest of the team as well.

Thank you again and I am glad Maggie and Free were able to turn around what could have been a disappointing weekend.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

This is our second stay at this hotel! Kids enjoyed it. Housekeepers very friendly. We booked two queens and ended up with two doubles. Wasn't too happy about that. Shower had lots of grime. And we booked for a family of 5; supplies should have been stalked as we book prior to our stay etc. towels, cups.. Other than that we will be coming back. We have lots of family in Cambridge and we found our comfy zone :)

• Stayed: March 2014
vivgomez, Front Office Manager at Sunbridge Hotel & Conference Centre Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear MielkeK,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Holiday Inn Cambridge. Your feedback is so very appreciated and I will be sharing it with your team to correct our missed opportunities.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us otherwise and we look forward to being your "comfy zone" again soon!

At your service,

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here during the Ontario Championship cheerleading competition March 1st. Check in was easy, but we were surprised to find that although we had booked a room with two beds, they only had one king bed for the three of us. They quickly apologized and delivered a cot to our room. The room was spacious and clean. Bathroom was modern and the shower had good water pressure. The pool looked nice but we didn't get the chance to use it. If you're booking at this hotel, you should know that there is no free continental breakfast served. They do have a restaurant and also had a buffet set up, although we chose to eat off the menu. Grocery store, liquor store and drugstore are all very close by. All things considered, I wouldn't hesitate to choose this hotel again.

Stayed: March 2014

Dear Sunbabe68,

I'm glad you and your family enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Cambridge during the Canadian Cheer Evolution Ontario Championship for 2014. It is always fun for our staff to host your groups every year so I will pass on your great comments to everyone.

Thank you for sharing your experience and we hope you return soon and be able to take advantage of our great pools!

At your service,

Reviewed 15 February 2014

I travel to Cambridge Ontario every month for travel to work and stay at this location. I must express my thanks to the staff that make my stays awesome. Wish to pass on a note to the manager about your house keeping staff, and to everyone, during a past stay I had left an item in the room as I checked out, and when i had notice,it was to late to call or head back to get it. I at the time thought "oh well my fault" and dismissed it. then when two weeks later when back at home during my days off I received a call from the Holiday Inn asking if I had left an item in the room. etc.. this I must pass on to everyone and the staff on how great I was to hear that it was found and held on to for my return. It restored my faith in people being honest etc... so with this said, I thank you Jean, for you finding it and turning it in. This is not just once in a life time after speaking with other co workers that stay at that location they have had good experiences there as well.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
vivgomez, Front Office Manager at Sunbridge Hotel & Conference Centre Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Dear Binrat69,

Thank you for posting such wonderful comments about our hotel and staff. Like you, I too am glad there are still honest and good people, and more so, that others recognize them for it.

On behalf of Jean, thank you for acknowledging and rewarding her for her honesty. You will be happy to know she was presently suprised with what was left for her.

We shall see you again soon,
Guest Services Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambridge
Best Western Plus Cambridge Hotel
Kitchener Inn and Suites
Kitchener Inn and Suites
#2 of 14 in Kitchener
Travelodge Cambridge - Waterloo

Been to Sunbridge Hotel & Conference Centre Cambridge? Share your experiences!