All reviews pool side an update hockey team decent hotel off the highway server
Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

I really dislike having to give a bad review and generally won’t unless a place is just really not up to par.

The wifi is intermittent. A trick I found was to get away from the neighbouring hotels signal they seem to be on the same channel. Once you can get connected the speeds vary. Calling itself a conference centre and having poor wifi is a bit of a stretch.

There was an issue with my TV. I never really got this resolved. I didn’t really want to be bothered having people in and out when I was there and all I do is watch it before sleep anyways but still I paid for a TV and when they cleaned the room they could have checked the TV.

When they clean the rooms they don’t actually check anything. My fridge was also broken. I didn’t realize it until a day had passed and my half and half spoiled by the time I checked out.

There were other small things as well. Inadequate plugs to charge more than one phone by the 2 beds for example. There was only a single plug available on the lamp base and another by the desk.

There was a hockey tournament on which I find to be a good thing. No problem with kids being kids and having a good time. However there was also some crack head looking guy banging on the door and windows next door until 4 am my first night there.

In short I spent 2 nights, was kept awake by said crack head the first night. Woken by a fire alarm the last morning I was there. Got no work done and was exhausted when I visited my daughter who I had not seen in a couple years.

The reasons management has are totally ridiculous for why there are problems. The staff is aware of them to the point where they will say “yes the wifi acts funny sometimes” or “the cable signal is down” even though 2 rooms down I could see the TV on and working when I walked out to catch my taxi.

It says in all their comments that are working to fix things things but they are not fixed so I believe they just don’t want to take responsibility for their hotel or there is one poor person being stuck with all the issues and is given no resources to fix them. In any case this is not the guests problem.

Normally I just won’t review if I have nothing good to say unless the place is a very poor value for what they charge. The fact that there is no refund on bookings made online shows the level of commitment they have to customer satisfaction. I have lived in over 80 hours in the past 2 years in countries where the water would kill you and there are scorpions in the washroom at night and they still did a better job making sure that the rooms were ready at check in. Their patio doors also had a proper working lock.

The most you should pay for a room is 60 dollars Canadian. If you pay more than that you are getting ripped off and they clearly are oblivious or they would start doing more about these bad reviews than replying we hope you will try us again.

The staff is good, very nice people. Please don’t take it out on them if you do for some strange reason decide to stay here after reading the same things over and over again with the same BS replies from the management.

It would be very difficult to conduct any kind of professional business from this hotel. It would make a swell family hotel if they got their act together. But as of right now you are a fool if you decide to stay here and you expect anything more than a bed, a desk and a curiosity about what will happen next.

Extremely disappointed and I feel like they stole my money now that I am reflecting back on it. Buyer beware.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
SeanHaskins, Front Office Manager at Sunbridge Hotel & Conference Centre Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2018

Dear Yaman,

Thank you for taking the time to speak to me Saturday morning. I wish we could have fixed the maintenance issues at that time. It's unfortunate that the maintenance staff was refused by you when they went to the room. As per our discussion at the time, we had an area wide cable interruption which was beyond our control. This also caused the internet to go down. I apologize for this interruption, but after several calls to the local cable company, it was back up and running a few hours later.
Maintenance issues are fixed within a timely manner when reported. Again, I wish maintenance was given access to fix these issues for you.

Sincerely

Reviewed 12 October 2018

I stayed for two nights. The room was very clean, except I didn't like the window drapes. They couldn't be closed to prevent anyone from seeing in! The drapes were sheer enough that I could see cars passing by my window from inside. I'm sure they could see in! My room rate included morning breakfast, and I found out that the food is not prepared on site. It is delivered, reheated, and placed in hot plates. The scrambled eggs were horrible, the bacon was cold! The next day I stuck with cereal and fruit, that was better!!

Room tip: Find out if they have any teams, or bus tours staying there, then ask for a room away from them!!
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
SeanH3398, Front Office Manager at Sunbridge Hotel & Conference Centre Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2018

Dear citypins,
Thank you for taking the time to leave some valuable feedback. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the hot breakfast, I'll pass on your feedback to our Food and Beverage Manager so they can evaluate the breakfast. I've discussed your concerns about the drapes in the room with our Maintenance and Housekeeping Managers and we're currently working on a remedy for this situation. I hope you will consider us again when your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 24 September 2018

New owner I believe , friendly Staff, Katie in reception was really nice and welcoming. This is the old holiday inn but it is so old and dated it’s needs a full refurbishment. Everything is worn, tv reception poor, WiFi crap. I would find somewhere else till this place is redone. on the good side the breakfast was warm and the service was quick. The inside pool is small but the chlorine was well balanced and again the changing rooms were dated with old patio chairs to sit on.

Room tip: choose a room carparking side , roadway is load
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Iris-eyes,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Katie is delighted to hear of your recognition. Our staff strives to have a positive impact on our guests. Though there are some areas which are dated, we work hard to make sure the rooms are clean, beds are comfortable, and the guest services are paramount. I'm sorry you are not satisfied with the size of our pool, it is the largest hotel pool in Cambridge. We sure hope you'll give us another try should your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

This is the third time we’ve stayed at this hotel,
Staff is exceptional and the rooms were to our needs and what we requested
We chose this hotel as it met our needs, the large out door pool and use of bbqs and patios on the pool side lots of space to roam around
It was in close proximity to many tourist attractions
We will definitely be back

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
SeanHaskins, Front Office Manager at Sunbridge Hotel & Conference Centre Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2018

Dear Linda,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a great review. Our staff is always happy to receive such positive feedback. The large outdoor pool, patios and barbecues are a definite favourite in the summer time. We look forward to welcoming you again when you return to the area.

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

I travel a lot for work and this the worst hotel by far. Dirty, smelly, WiFi doesn't work, nothing around the hotel, food taste bad, etc.
Better hotels not to far. I didn’t had any choice so I was stuck there. The clientele is not a professional one.

Date of stay: September 2018