“Poor front desk service”

Travelodge Cambridge - Waterloo

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My family stayed here for a sporting even this past weekend. I have never had such awful service at a hotel before and especially for the money that we paid to stay there. I wish I paid a little bit extra to stay at one of the better hotels down the road! This hotel needs many updates to make it functional! The desk staff were nice and friendly upon check in however we had a problem with our door cards and couldn't get into the building and it was raining so we had to run back to the front to get the cards fixed. Our room was on the second floor when I asked for a ground floor room (I have back issues and had a hard time carrying bags up the stairs) the door at the top of the stairs wouldn't open, someone on the other side opened it for us. Once we got into the room it appeared to be clean, has a fridge and a microwave (one of the only good things) their was gum on the carpet, the bathroom had hair on the ceiling and under the mirror some paint or whatever. The walls were badly painted and we could see bubbling on them (a clear sign of water damage) Their bathroom needs new shower curtains and a bathmat in the tub. My daughter fell twice because it was so slippery. We finally had to put a towel on the floor of the tub to prevent her from falling again. This was very dangerous. the shower curtain did not stop the water from coming out of the shower and soaked the floor in which I slipped going into the bathroom to help my daughter. The wifi was TERRIBLE. I couldn't connect and when I did it would kick me off. Wifi is something we needed. If that was not bad enough, we were there for 2 nights and the housekeeping staff didn't clean our room. We had a do not disturb sign up and we took it off at we were leaving in the morning AND we told the housekeeping staff that they could go into the room and clean it. BUT when we got back our room wasn't cleaned, garbage's not emptied, dirty towels still there, beds not made. This was completely unacceptable!! The hotel staff brought me new towel and apologised and said it would be dealt with....but that was it. I would never stay there again as its not worth the money that I spent and I wish I stayed somewhere else.

Room Tip: Pay the extra money and stay at a hotel that cares about your stay.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tatiana H
Reviewed 25 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The HVAC unit was old and noisy. Fortunately we did not have to use it.
The room was comfortable and well kept. Some of the wall fixtures were loose and out-of-kilter.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family