“Good food, but very limited menu”
Review of Homage - CLOSED

Homage
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My wife and I ate dinner here before going to the theatre and found the food to be above average (good quality and fresh ingredients), but the menu is very limited. I understand that the chef changes up the menu often, but to have just 3 entree's on the menu, isn't enough in my opinion.

2  Thank day_V51

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I come here every other week and am never disappointed.. menus are constantly changing and the food is always amazing. If you're interested in trying something new make the trip to Homage!

1  Thank Megan K
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My husband and I went to this restaurant and loved it. We were going to the theater and wanted to have dinner before.the restaurant is so cute and we found the food to be excellent. I had the asparagus salad and the pickeral. They were both amazing. My husband had the linguine. It was beyond great. Thw service was prompt. Very friendly and our server was extremely knowledgeable. We will be definitely returning the next time we are in Cambridge.

1  Thank Annabella1109
Reviewed 6 June 2014

If you are bored with all the standard "new" menus, then try Homage. Three of us had a late dinner, and were all very pleased. We shared two appetizers (the dumplings and the pancakes). Neither dish was what we expected, but both were ex on l... modern takes on traditional dishes. The
dumplings were one of the daily specials, as were two of our main courses. The pasta special was linguini with feta cream sauce, pureed fresh peas, and spinach. Our brave grandson ordered this, and much to all our surprise, it was really delicious. The only slight let down was my husband's pork schnitzel. Living in a community full of excellent German cooking, we expect an excellent schnitzel, but this one was too thick, over coated, and over cooked, making it a bit tough.
The wine list was a bit limited, but adequate for the meal.
Desserts were homemade, the lemon tart being particularly good.
The environment is very pleasant, with recycled wooden floors, recovered white painted tin ceiling tiles, brick exposed walls, and simple but elegant and comfortable furnishings. Lots of big windows create an open airy feeling. Definitely a restaurant to visit again.
Service was fast, competent and knowledgeable.All in all, a place we will visit again.

1  Thank Helen W
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Wonderful food, great staff and location just across from the river in downtown Galt part of Cambridge. Chef has a unique talent of putting together local food and spirits. I had the Oakridge Farm Beef and my wife had the fried chicken. Our meal was wonderful and plan to go back again soon.

2  Thank Startupguy