“A lovely hotel.”

Cambridge Hotel and Conference Centre
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Cambridge
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I've stayed at many places in the area to attend an antiques fair each year and this hotel provides the very best value. It's right off the highway and has a very nice restaurant as well as room service for very little more than nearby motel chains. The room was large, clean and well appointed. Linens were attractive and the mattress was comfortable. In spite of it's size, it's a quiet place to stay.

Room Tip: None of the rooms are far from the elevators.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Paulus

Reviewed 21 May 2013

Stayed here as a halfway mark to cottage up north. Front desk was incredibly nice and welcoming! Answered all questions with ease and were very pleasant. Location was close to many restaurants. Walked to a great pub called Beertown. Room was very clean and bed was VERY comfortable. Will 100% stay here again!!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Zero2013
Reviewed 2 May 2013

Definitely a great spot to stay. Close to shopping and restaurants. Extremely helpful staff, when asked if we could see a room before booking, Matthew Look took the time - he was training a new staff member- to take us up to have a look. We had a king jr suite and it was spacious and very comfortable. Will be coming back here to stay the next time we have a reason to be in the area. The restaurant was well staffed with helpful and pleasant servers, really enjoyed our breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the rear as it was very quiet.
1  Thank wixxON
Billie-Anne A, General Manager at Cambridge Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

Thank you so much for writing this review of the Cambridge Hotel & Conference Centre on Trip Advisor! It sounds like you had very nice time during your stay and I couldn’t be more thrilled to hear it! We have made some improvements to our breakfast buffet recently so any feedback we receive is much appreciated. I look forward to when you return to the area so that we can welcome you back to the hotel again!

Reviewed 27 April 2013

We booked a meeting room for a group of 20. When we arrived a bit rushed we were promptly ushered into the room so that we could start to set up. They were quick and pleasant on the front desk. Our server came into the room to make sure we had everything we needed and followed up after the event to confirm if we needed any help. The location is great, right off the 401 highway, so its easy to find. Feedback from our guests was also very positive. Washrooms were amazingly clean. I would not hesitate coming back..

1  Thank Lauren M

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent experience at the Cambridge Hotel & Conference Centre on Trip Advisor! I am glad to hear that your meeting was successful and that our team was friendly and helpful. We also take great pride in the cleanliness of our entire hotel and it is always nice to hear when our diligence is noticed and appreciated by our guests! Hearing that you had a positive experience at the Cambridge Hotel makes what we do on a day-to-day basis worthwhile, so thanks again for your comments! We hope to see you at the hotel again in the future!

Reviewed 26 April 2013

I stayed this hotel on a business trip. Hotel was easy to find as it is right off the highway but no so close that it disturbs your sleep. Service at front desk was great. Check-in was easy. Room was large with two queen beds and good natural light too. Refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker were in the room. Very clean and big bathroom. Breakfasts were provided with my conference but my family enjoyed the scrambled eggs and toast each morning. Individual costs of these items were cheaper than the buffet price. We had supper in the restaurant twice and I enjoyed both. The hotel was not full at the time as it was mid-week and I did notice that it got busier by Friday. Shopping is across the street and mall is down the same street so easy to get to. There is no pool at this hotel. Not a problem for me but if you're bringing your family you might be looking for one. All in all I enjoyed my stay here and would recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for writing this review of the Cambridge Hotel & Conference Centre! I am so happy you enjoyed your breakfast and dinner in The Bruce Restaurant and found the rooms to be clean and spacious. I have to agree that our location is definitely one of the many highlights of our hotel - with the Smart Centre outlet shopping within walking distance and the Cambridge Centre Mall less than a 5 minute drive down the street it is easy to find something to do around here!

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Cambridge Hotel soon!

Reviewed 15 April 2013

This an independently run hotel not affiliated with any hotel group. The weekend we stayed it there was some huge convention and the hotel was almost fully booked. We had 3 meals at the restaurant and the service was inconsistent due to the high volume of people at the hotel.

The hotel looked to be well upkept at the lobby level. Rooms are also the same. However, we found that our bathroom tub did not appear to be cleaned very well - very disappointing. We also asked for 4 extra pillows and were told that we could only have 2. Again maybe due to the high volume of people staying at the hotel that weekend, there were inconsistencies at this property.

There is a small exercise room at the lower level of the hotel. Unfortunately, there is no indoor pool.

Our standard room had a small fridge and microwave - nice additions to standard rooms. Unfortunately, the duct tape placed around the heating/air conditioning unit degraded the upscale feel of the room. Beds were comfy and the rest of the decor, furniture gave the standard room an above average look and feel for a standard room.

The almost sold out weekend of my stay probably caused the inconsistencies in service, friendliness and cleanliness. The hotel should have had more staff come in to accommodate the high volume, as I will most likely not stay at this property again when I am looking for accommodations in the tri-county area.

Room Tip: Try to book a room with odd numbers as those rooms do not face the main road (odd number rooms shoul...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

I would like to begin by saying thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Cambridge Hotel and Conference Centre in such detail. We are always eager to hear feedback from our guests, whether is be positive or constructive. We use all guest comments to help us improve our product and level of service and your comment has pointed out specific areas where we can do just that!

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed certain aspects of our hotel. We have recently upgraded our bedding and added fridges and microwaves to all of our standard rooms and it is good to know that these updates are being noticed and appreciated by our guests.

I am very sorry that you felt our level of service, cleanliness and friendliness was inconsistent. Our goal is to deliver the highest level of service to everyone one of our guests no matter what our business levels are, and it appears that we failed to deliver in some areas over that busy weekend. I can promise you that all of your concerns have been addressed by me personally and actions have been taken to improve our guest’s experience.

Thank you once more for reviewing the Cambridge Hotel, and we do hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 13 April 2013

Because of a recent house fire, my insurance company have put me up at this hotel on a long term basis. Staying in one place for a long time, gives one the chance for a considered opinion of the hotel.

I have nothing but positive things to say really. Every staff member is helpful, courteous, patient, and responsive. Nothing is too much trouble and one gets the very strong feeling that none of this is forced. They are clearly well trained, but seem happy in their jobs, and are too genuinely attentive for this merely to be company policy. The staff obviously seem to like their work in be in the right field of endeavor

My room is always spotlessly clean, and tidy, and this is not easy considering the fact that since I am staying long term and run a business, I tend to have lots of papers around. Things are not disturbed, and yet the staff are able to work around it.

For the typical traveller too the location is excellent just a few hundred metres from 401.

Very occasionally late on a Saturday evening after a happy wedding party or a sporting event there can be faint sounds heard...but after all this is a place of business and not a morgue. Staff are also very concerned and keep a close reign on things at busy times. They are ever vigilant as well as always helpful.

Nobody wants to be unable to live at home, but frankly I feel very fortunate to have been put up and such a well run hotel.

It is a good place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo