“Good steak, but that's all.”

Cambridge Keg Steakhouse Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Cambridge Keg Steakhouse Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 320 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Cambridge, Canada
“Good steak, but that's all.”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We went twice, firstly as a couple, then with friends. On the first occasion, we had steak that was well cooked, but our salads were over-dressed, and had started to go limp, and the server was too busy to be as attentive as I expect when out for a meal. I thought the meal was over-priced (probably to cover the costs of all the customers getting freebie deserts for birthdays and anniversaries!), especially as salads and deserts are prepared in advance and don't take much effort to serve. despite our disappointment though, we were persuaded to go again with another couple, again limp salads, good steak, but that was overshadowed by the deserts which were dried up at the edges as if plated up hours in advance. At $50 a head plus drinks, we won't be going back.

• Visited December 2013

New Hamburg, Canada
“Lovely Dinner”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

My husband and I had dinner here for our wedding anniversary and we enjoyed it very much. I had the king crab - delicious - and my husband had the prime rib, also great. Our waiter was attentive and pleasant, the ambience was warm, the drinks were cold, the food excellent - a lovely restaurant. On the downside, the restaurant needs a bit of an update - our little "booth" for two was a bit cramped and the cushioned seats had lost much of their cushion. Also, their menu is very meat oriented, and I'd like to see a vegetarian option or two on the menu. I don't usually eat much meat including seafood, and some of the people we'd like to have dinner with us at the Keg are vegetarians, so it's disappointing they don't offer much in that regard. But we enjoyed our anniversary dinner, and thank you to The Keg for making it memorable.

• Visited March 2014
“BEST FOOD IN CAMBRIDGE”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We have never been disappointed in the many times we have had dinner at this location.
We have always had excellent service and they have been very obliging in switching potatoes to rice.
We definitely will be going to this location again, as we don't need a special occasion to eat at the Keg.

• Visited March 2014
Cambridge, Canada
“I've never had a bad meal here.”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

For a chain restaurant, I have always been impressed with the quality of their food, which is likely one of the reasons it have remained in business for all these years. Although it appears to be more oriented towards the younger generation, the staff have always been polite and responsive to any concerns from either me or my dining partner. There is a mixture of meat (which I don't eat), seafood and chicken (which I do) as well as limited vegetarian options. it is a great place for a night out and maintaining a friendly and attentive staff will maintain their business for decades to come.

• Visited October 2013
“Attention to detail”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We loved our experience at the Keg!! I am really fussy and wanted salmon but didn't like what came with it No Problem!!
Food came perfectly cooked, they are known for steak which us not my favorite so I was thrilled with my salmon. My husbands steak was done perfectly
What made the night even better was our server, she was extremely competent and helpful
We had such a great experience I spoke with manager to tell him they had exceeded our expectations!!(

• Visited February 2014