“Just an 'Okay' Stay”

Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Fort Erie
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I stayed for two nights due to business. There were no issues with the conference room. My room was okay and comfortable enough BUT I have to say that this room had the worst television I have ever seen in a hotel room. The TV would not advance up to all the stations that I was supposed to get (as per the station list that is provided on the table beside the bed). The channels I did get were all fuzzy and blurry with lines, and the picture kept getting shadows on it. Couldn't really watch anything. Time for an update.

When I arrived at around 4 pm on the first day, there was a tray of dishes outside one of the rooms next to mine. The next morning the same tray was still there, and later that day the SAME tray was there.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank PeterJak
Manager190, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear Peter Jak,

Thank you very much for sharing your fedback from your stay. I apologize for the problems you encounterd with your television, I can appreciate how frustrated you must have been. I am currently looking at replacing the televisions and hope to have new ones in the new year. Also, I apologize for not picking up the dirty room service tray that you saw in the hallway. I have since reviewed this with my Food and Beverage Team to ensure this does not reoccur.
Again, thank you and I hope that if in the are again you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

If I had to sum up this hotel in a word it would be "but". The hotel was very nice looking but the decor was kind of dated and worn. Took almost 2 hours to get food from room service but once I talked the manager, he comped it and I had it in 10 minutes.
Overal our experience was good. We were here for a Cornelia De Lange syndrome (a rare autistic like syndrome) conference and they treated us well. We had a pleasant stay... but it could have been better.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear TonyManifold,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments from your stay with us. It is through comments as yours that we can improve our service.
I apologize for the experience you encountered with our restaurant and rest assured that I have followed up and such an incident will not happen again. I am glad that overall you had a pleasant stay and hope that if you are in the area again you will give us another opportunity to provide an exceptional stay.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

For the price ($120), this hotel was underwhelming. As we arrived, there was another couple checking in and an we overheard the receptionist saying they were being upgraded to the excutive floor. There was no upgrade for us, even those the hotel was barely full. Nice way to make an impression. Even though we'd requested a non-smoking room, we could smell stale cigarette smoke as we made our way down the hall off the elevator. Fortunately, the room did not smell of cigarettes. It met our expectations of having a place to sleep for the night, but next time, we will look elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank erinontheroad
Manager190, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Dear Erinontheroad,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your recent stay with us, it is through comments like yours we can improve. I can certainly appreciate how you must have felt hearing the guest in front of you got an upgrade and you did not. I don't know what the cercumstances were but I appologize for how we made you feel for we strive to make sure all our guests feel welcome and special. We are a 100% non smoking facility and penalize those that do smoke in our rooms.
I hope that if you are in the area gain that you will give us another chance for I would make sure that you receive an upgrade.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel during a NFL trip in Buffalo.
We booked this hotel from Priceline Express Deal at 69$.
We choosed this hotel because it was near Buffalo (15 minutes).
The room was correct but not up to date. There were 2 double beds, a table with 2 chairs, a old TV (flat screen please!), a sink in the room, A/C.
The mattress was too hard.
The room and the bathroom was clean.
The hotel lobby looks very nice.
The pool and whirlpool was nice, with changing rooms, lockers, shower, sauna, open until 11:00pm.
So I recommend this hotel for a cheap stay near Buffalo and not too far from Niagara Falls.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager190, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Dear B Francoeur,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay with us at the Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre. All comments are reviewed with the entire Team for it is how we improve our Hotel and Service.
We are close to the border so it does make it convenient when going to the Buffalo Bills game or for shopping in Buffalo. We do have plans for updating in the future and I hope you will be back to stay with us again.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

I have stayed at the Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre several times. I find the rooms to be warm and welcoming and very, very clean.
I had the privilege of staying in two of the suites, which are amazing...especially for the price. The staff is always friendly and helpful.
I would recommend this hotel highly.

Room Tip: There are several restaurants nearby. It isn't very far from Niagara Falls and Niagara on the L...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear DSMITH14622,
Thank you very much for sharing your comments from your recent stay. I am so glad that you had a pleasant stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

About 23 friends and family members stayed at this hotel this past Labour Day weekend for my daughters wedding, which was at a different venue. The hotel staff were very accomodating and pleasant about anything they were requested of. We were very impressed with the cleaniless of this hotel. Especially, the public washrooms!

We recommend this hotel to everyone if their in need of accomodation in Fort Erie.

We did not use the pool or the spa on our trip. However, many other visitors appeared to be having a great time using the facilities.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank K8tieM

Dear K8tieM,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay. I am glad that you and your family had a good stay during this special time.
Fort Erie is in Niagara's South Coast and has so much to see and do in the area. I look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Stayed two nights. The hotel has a nice pool and hot tub. The lobby area is pleasant. The staff is very professional. Complementary WiFi and newspapers. The only thing that they need to improve here is the food at the restaurant: it was below average.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Born_yesterday
Manager190, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Dear Born Yesterday,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback on your recent stay with the Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre. I will certainly share your comments with the entire Team. I apologize that you did not have a favourable experience in our restaurant, I will share this feedback with our Food & Beverage Team.
I hope that if you are in the area again you will stay with us and again thank you for your feedback.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Erie
#12 of 128 in Niagara Falls
Adam's Mark Buffalo
Adam's Mark Buffalo
#12 of 25 in Buffalo

Been to Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!