“lonely hotel” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Fort Erie
ottawa, ontario
“lonely hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

We didn't like our stay here; surprised for a Comfort Inn Hotel, it is more like the Bates Motel. Beds were not comfortable. Bedspread and blanket both had a cigarette hole. Breakfast not that great... store-bought cake and coffee. It's a place where they skimp as much as possible, thinking nobody notices.

Stay elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank snowbirdy2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Waterloo, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2011

Worn, dated finishes; nasty bedcovers; broken furniture; frayed towels; no alarm clock in room; hard mattress; pathetic breakfast; cheap spoons that cut your lips; only 3 tables to sit at for breakfast (in the lobby); internet works fine. Not worth it.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank bensagle
Voorhees, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

Used my Choice Privileges points for a free night, wasn't that bad. Small bed but relatively comfy, A/C worked great (heat wave outside). Bathroom not bad, shower very nice, well stocked. Would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
everywhere
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2011

Check-in was not just unfriendly but rude, disconcerning and arrogant. The GM, to my understanding, is the night audit person (who checked me in). His son, who works mornings generally, takes after Dad and the Asst GM clearly needs a course in people skills.
I had central reservations call ahead as I didn't want a stressful check-in bc of the fact that I have a service animal. The Asst GM had said that there would be no issues when the call was received. The GM, who checked me in, put me in the most animal urinated-in room in the building. I explained that not only was this unacceptable but that I had also reserved a Queen-room with sitting area and this was NOT a Queen-room, it was
2 Doubles. I explained about the service dog laws in that you could not isolate a person with a service animal and restrict them to smelly "pet only"rooms. I asked him to please read the service dog laws in Ontario and he said he was "not interested". Then I was given keys to a Queen-room which I WAS TOLD was NOT a pet room and upon entering this room had no dial on the fridge to turn on up or off, still smelled of pet urine and had weather-stripping scotch-taped to the door that was falling off. I confronted the GM, in the room, explaining that this was indeed still a pet room and sub-standard quality. He had indeed lied and looked at the floor when I asked him why he had done so. He then said if I am not satisfied to check-out (this was at 12:30 am!). Followed by him agressively saying, "What do you want me to do? Show you all the rooms in the hotel?" I then just took the keys to the next available alternate room and called it a night. I was too afraid to voice anymore genuine concerns. When I woke-up the next day I explained to the younger gentleman (his son) that my toilet and bathtub were disgusting. Toilet looked like it hadn't been cleaned in 6 months, pubes and all. No microwave which I had booked. He said, if you're not happy then you need to leave. I was shocked that this hotel would deal with its genuine complaints in this manner despite its"guarantee"that is posted in the rooms. I was also informed by the son that no discount or resolution of any kind would be offered
to me.I have now filed a formal complaint with Customer Relations and have highly recommended that this property lose its franchise agreement. Also lots of noise as it is right beside the freeway.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank FridaKa
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2010

The bed had a very thin mattress and was probably the most uncomfortable hotel bed ever. The shower had feeble water pressure. The heating/cooling system was archaic so it was impossible to select the right temperature. The skimpy breakfast ran out of coffee at 7:30 AM and the one ice machine was also empty at that time. Overall, the hotel had just a dingy feel to it.

The hotel, however, was surprisingly clean and the evening front desk woman was very nice.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Hockeydad35
Port Charlotte, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2010

My husband and I were traveling down Ontario and I made a reservation for one night, (thank goodness it was only ONE night)
Walked in room to find full ashtray on bedside table, reported this to desk and it was cleaned and room sprayed with freshener.

Proceed to pull down sheets at 11:30 p.m. and found old, stinky, stained, mattresses.
In the morning, we found someones stray pill under the bed.
The sliding glass door wouldn't lock properly, so my husband acquired a screwdriver from the front desk and fixed it himself.
The air conditioner didn't have controls, other than cold, or colder.
carpet stinky, and dirty.
The bathroom was nice though and appears to have been recently updated. :)

I spoke with morning staff and they said we should have complained when we first pulled down sheets. I said by then we were too darn tired.
The gentleman at the desk was extremely UNhelpful, and seemed arrogant.

We will never stay at a Comfort Inn for sure.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mooselips
toronto ontario
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2009

I knew staying in Fort Erie for a family wedding was not going to be the ritz,
But It was horrible, scuzzy motel at best. carpet was so old it was rippling in the middle of room and it smelled like pet urine mattress was 2 inched thick , most uncomfortable bed i have ever tried to sleep on. i was very disappointed to say the least plus to top it all off it is not part of the comfort inn chain it is branching off on it's own good luck with that!
all other hotels were booked that weekend so we were forced to stay here
free breakfast or not STAY ANYWHERE ELSE!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown
Comfort Inn Cheektowaga
Comfort Inn Cheektowaga
#10 of 22 in Cheektowaga

Been to Comfort Inn Fort Erie? Share your experiences!