“Carrie (front desk agent) made our stay memorable”

Comfort Inn Fort Erie
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Fort Erie
Reviewed 16 June 2014

we had our whole wedding party stay and the hotel was amazing all updated inside and the staff went ABOVE and BEYOND to make sure our stay was one we would never forget. A special thank you to Carrie the front desk agent who was working when i checked in she was GREAT and made our stay much better by simply doing her job the best she can, she was very approachable and eagar to serve the guests the best she could and she did a great job and i will be recommending this hotel to everyone i know and we are planning on coming back once or twice a year just to get away for a bit. GREAT JOB CARRIE

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jeff N
Anne M, General Manager at Comfort Inn Fort Erie, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn for your celebration! Our front desk team is totally dedicated to ensuring our guests have a great stay. I am pleased that Carrie was an exceptional team player for you and your guests. We look forward to you coming back to stay with us!

Warmest Regards,
Anne Matiuschuk

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Fort Erie

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Based on reviews about this hotel I thought yikes what am I in for? Lets begin with the drive up. The scary winding road and leafless trees sort of reminded me of that fateful drive to that haunted hotel in a B horror movie. No worries my party arrived safe and sound at the hotel and as soon as we walked in I was blown away. It was wonderful. Everything in the lobby was clean and well placed. The hotel staff were BEYOND HELPFUL. And the newly remodeled room was wonderful. Clean, well laid out, microwave, mini fridge, big screen TV and hundreds of channels. Oh and for those who are interested all rooms come with complementary makeup remover as part of the standard washroom kit. STAY HERE!!

Room Tip: The bachelors have a pull out couch.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LDemaree
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Finding ourselves at a Fort Erie Hockey Tournament and without a room (boys did better than expected and needed to stay another night) a call to the Comfort Inn in Fort Erie was our salvation. They found rooms for all of our members of the team that were staying and they were absolutely accommodating to both parents and boys on our hockey team. Management, even although they were in the midst of reconstruction went out of their way to make sure we were all comfortable. Hotel has been totally refurbished. Hot breakfast was great at 6 a.m. especially when we had an 8 a.m. game. Hats off to Comfort Inn, I definitely will be back and would recommend to anyone. Thanks again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Heather Jean D
Reviewed 4 April 2014

This is our first visit since the name change back to Comfort Inn. Quite obvious from the grounds that a major remodelling was a work in progress. We had a newly renovated room. The construction dust and small particles in the room was a bit of a bother especially when we turned on the heat and it blew up into the room from the grate of the heater.

My one major concern is that I am not sure this hotel is up to code in some areas of the electrical. Our room had an electrical outlet by the bedside table that did not work. However there was an extension code that ran from the opposite wall by the coffee machine under the baseboard to the bedside table. What concerned me was the extension cord was a two prong type and at least one of the items plugged into it was a three prong. Meaning the third prong was exposed. This extension cord certainly didn't look commercial grade to me. We unplugged it during our stay.

The room appeared smaller than our first visit prior to the construction. That may be do to the larger headboards and armoire combination and the larger flat screen TV.

The new shower enclosures are very nice to look at however for taking a shower it was rather cramped. The bathtub is full size. Great beds and pillow choices. Very quiet.

This is a smoke free environment. However on the ground floor there was a distinct smell of an incense like sandalwood odour. Not overly unpleasant however could be bothersome for someone with allergies.

Something different was the vending machines. They are chock full of healthy alternatives. If you wish a Coke or Pepsi they are for sale at the front desk. These machines accept credit and debit cards. ATM in the lobby. Staff appeared friendly. Breakfast was the usual Comfort Inn offering without decaffeinated coffee.

Pet Friendly. One suggestion is to have outdoor garbage receptacles at the outside entrances so a pet owner can deposit a baggie if necessary instead of walking all the way around to the front door. A bit of a walk especially in lousy weather.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank GalenOneFortyEight
Reviewed 18 March 2014

This is a great option for a night's or two stay. The lobby is very fresh and well decorated, the rooms are small but cozy and well appointed with very comfortable bed(s) with well laid out bathrooms. The complimentary breakfasts are do it yourself but have a good variety to choose from. The staff were very personable and helpful and my only issue was finding it. After seeing the sign from the QEW and following the designated ramp I couldn't find the next sign in order to get to the hotel. It took a few minutes of driving to actually find it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ontarioian366
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We come to Fort Erie frequently and we always have stayed here ; We have watched all the changes that have transpired since the new owners took it over ; 2 nights ago we were in one of the newly renovated rooms ... Wow ! fantastic . The whole place is like brand new ..The breakfast area ( which has lots of choices ) is beautiful and the lobby is modern and cheery ; The Motel is now back to being a " Comfort Inn " and I would recommend it to anyone !!!!! It's not totally finished yet and it has been a lengthy process but well worth it .

Our compliments to the new owners !!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank poolq_12
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I recently visited the Econo Lodge in Fort Erie. This hotel is under major renovation. We were in an old room, which was a bit run down and definitely in need of updates, however, I did find it to be nice and clean. The bed was rather uncomfortable and upon looking at the mattress (I always check for bedbugs...where ever I go!) after pulling off the sheets, I noticed that the mattress material was torn along the side and falling apart. I was a little nervous about sleeping on it, but it ended up being okay.
The continental breakfast consisted of 3 types of cereal, frozen waffles, bagels and toast, apples and muffins.
The hotel is also pet friendly, which was awesome, as I brought my 3 pups with me. It's so hard to find a hotel that accepts more than 1 or 2 dogs. I was thrilled that I found this one that did!!!! There is a lot of grassy areas to walk the dogs and the hotel is well lit at night.
Location is fine and close to Niagara Falls and Niagara on the Lake.
The price per night was very good...not too expensive.
There is free WiFi and lots of cable channels to chose from.
All in all...we had a very pleasant stay at the Econo Lodge. I'd like to return again once the renovations are made.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
#10 of 22 in Cheektowaga
Adam's Mark Buffalo
Adam's Mark Buffalo
#11 of 25 in Buffalo

Been to Comfort Inn Fort Erie? Share your experiences!