“LOVED EVERYTHING!”

Borealis Grille & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Borealis Grille & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 392 Restaurants in Guelph
Price range: US$12 - US$20
Cuisines: Canadian, Bar, Gastropub
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Elora, Canada
“LOVED EVERYTHING!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This was my second time at Borealis. My first time was when they first opened and now (we moved away for a few years in-between).
I went for dinner with my two girlfriends and we all had a fantastic time! The atmosphere is awesome and there are so many different spots you can dine in the restaurant (patio, bar, big booths, tables other rooms etc).
The waitstaff was incredible! They were patient, friendly and courteous! Our waitress Sonia was so pleasant…We ended up staying there for almost 4 hours and she didn't seem to mind at all!
I had the beet salad and the fish tacos (you get three) and a Mill Street pint. I loved every single bit of it and didn't leave anything on my plate!

I highly recommend this restaurant you won't be disappointed! Its friendly, local ingredients, and fun!

You will feel good leaving here!

• Visited June 2014
BorealisGM, General Manager at Borealis Grille & Bar, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thanks so much for visiting again! We really appreciate the amazing feedback and will pass along to our entire team. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Toronto, Canada
“This establishment gets better every time I visit”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Dinner, last week for 2 was excellent. My wife and I shared the Pesto Chicken flat which was more than enough for 2. We then order the Quinoa and Arugula Salad and the Pickerel & Chips, the latter was "knock you out of your socks" delicious.

• Visited June 2014
Thanks for the kind words! We are glad you enjoyed yourselves, we love the fish & chips too!!
Cambridge, Canada
“Improvement Needed”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Had a disappointing meal at this restaurant. We were seated at a bar table beside the bar that was uncomfortable and it turned out that the bartender was our waiter - which wasn't great since he was very busy tending the bar. My husband's steak was very overdone - he ordered it medium but I think even someone who ordered their steak well done would have found it dried out and tough - I'm guessing it was cooked about 7 minutes past medium. After we received our meal no one checked in with us so we weren't able to give feedback on the steak until well after we were done eating - I ended up sharing my meal with my husband so that he could eat (it was also a long wait for the cheque). I really like the Kitchener location of this restaurant - it is a shame the Guelph location doesn't offer the same experience. They did take the steak off the bill and offered us free dessert - but unfortunately the dessert was also poor quality - we ordered the crumble but what we were served tasted like an overly sweet jam with a scoop of ice cream.

• Visited June 2014
Thanks so much for your feedback! We will surely use it to further coach and train our team to ensure that doesn't happen again. Hope to see you again.
Kitchener, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food was great”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Had the Mushroom + Cheddar Chicken Supreme 23 Harriston Co-op chicken, mushroom & cheddar cream sauce, roasted potatoes, market vegetables. Much better taste than your average chain restaurants. I rarely order dessert in a restaurant but they offered some mini desserts so I tried one. I got the creme brule and my friend got the cheesecake and we were both very happy with our choices. I expected more of a fine dining atmosphere but it seemed like more of a casual family dining place. While the atmosphere would not draw me back, I would go back for the quality food.

• Visited May 2014
We are glad you enjoyed your meal here at Borealis! We do have two dining rooms, one a little more pub like and the other is more of a dining room. Perhaps the other side will suit you better on your next visit. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Toronto, Canada
“Really LIked It..”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I recently met a group of friends at Borealis in Guelph. It's easy to find, and close to the University. We all had various things for lunch, my spinach salad was great... I was opening birthday cards & the waitress was noticing everything. Later, she gave me a Gift Card for $20 from the Manager. Talk about a classy place! We all sat outside on the lovely patio, the interior looked really nice as well. I would definitely recommend this place, and I hear there's one in Kitchener, too. : )

1 Thank Elayne B
BorealisGM, General Manager at Borealis Grille & Bar, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Hi Elayne,

I'm so happy you enjoyed your experience here at Borealis in Guelph. Thanks again for coming to celebrate your special occasion, we look forward to seeing you again soon!