“Delicious meal, great patio and knowledgeable staff”

Borealis Grille & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Borealis Grille & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 405 Restaurants in Guelph
Price range: US$12 - US$20
Cuisines: Canadian, Bar, Gastropub
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Have dined here a few times, and stopped back in to kick-off the patio season and have dinner on the patio. A great warm & sunny evening paired nicely with local and fresh food, what a great meal! Our sever was fantastic, knowledgeable with our questions, had recommendations and rhymed off the draught beer and specials with ease. We both had fantastic meals, fresh ingredients and cooked perfectly. We were in no rush, and never felt any pressure to pay the bill and free up the table as we enjoyed another drink over conversation. This restaurant prides itself on locally sourced, fresh ingredients while keeping prices in the range of any other restaurant, which I tend to agree with. The bill was no more than going to a chain restaurant for any other standard meal, but the quality at Borealis is on a higher level.
Love this place, would recommend and will return.

BorealisGM, General Manager at Borealis Grille & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Hi Alex D!
Thanks so much for visiting our patio, we are glad to hear you enjoyed your meal and the service. We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Had pulled pork meal and it was great not too rich, yet amazing flavors. Only downside is the wait for the food took a bit longer than expected.

BorealisGM, General Manager at Borealis Grille & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thanks for your feedback, we will make sure to keep up the pace for your next visit!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

This was my second time at Borealis. My first time was when they first opened and now (we moved away for a few years in-between).
I went for dinner with my two girlfriends and we all had a fantastic time! The atmosphere is awesome and there are so many different spots you can dine in the restaurant (patio, bar, big booths, tables other rooms etc).
The waitstaff was incredible! They were patient, friendly and courteous! Our waitress Sonia was so pleasant…We ended up staying there for almost 4 hours and she didn't seem to mind at all!
I had the beet salad and the fish tacos (you get three) and a Mill Street pint. I loved every single bit of it and didn't leave anything on my plate!

I highly recommend this restaurant you won't be disappointed! Its friendly, local ingredients, and fun!

You will feel good leaving here!

Thanks so much for visiting again! We really appreciate the amazing feedback and will pass along to our entire team. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Dinner, last week for 2 was excellent. My wife and I shared the Pesto Chicken flat which was more than enough for 2. We then order the Quinoa and Arugula Salad and the Pickerel & Chips, the latter was "knock you out of your socks" delicious.

Thanks for the kind words! We are glad you enjoyed yourselves, we love the fish & chips too!!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Had a disappointing meal at this restaurant. We were seated at a bar table beside the bar that was uncomfortable and it turned out that the bartender was our waiter - which wasn't great since he was very busy tending the bar. My husband's steak was very overdone - he ordered it medium but I think even someone who ordered their steak well done would have found it dried out and tough - I'm guessing it was cooked about 7 minutes past medium. After we received our meal no one checked in with us so we weren't able to give feedback on the steak until well after we were done eating - I ended up sharing my meal with my husband so that he could eat (it was also a long wait for the cheque). I really like the Kitchener location of this restaurant - it is a shame the Guelph location doesn't offer the same experience. They did take the steak off the bill and offered us free dessert - but unfortunately the dessert was also poor quality - we ordered the crumble but what we were served tasted like an overly sweet jam with a scoop of ice cream.

Thanks so much for your feedback! We will surely use it to further coach and train our team to ensure that doesn't happen again. Hope to see you again.