“Enjoyable stay”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Guelph
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I have stayed for 3 nights. Great modern interiors, enjoyable breakfast in nice breakfast area. Friendly service, very clean. Great location, easy access to highway and business areas. Right choice for affordable price. I will be back there soon.

Room Tip: Look like all room are nice
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn

Reviewed 15 December 2013

While I agree the lobby looks nice, it does nothing to help the cleanliness of the rooms, or the attitude of the staff. When we checked in, the man at the desk seemed put out to help us. He barley spoke to us at all. Not in the least bit welcoming. The hallway to our room was long and dim, and it seemed like the man wanted to put us in the farthest room from the lobby. Found multiple hairs in the bathroom, and drink rings on the furniture when we got inside. It was late, and we were exhausted, so we made do. We wanted to bring up our concerns when we left early in the morning, but couldn't find anyone anywhere, so we just walked out the door. (After the not so clean room, we definitely weren't going to stay for breakfast, as goodness only knows what their kitchen looks like!!)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank wanderererednaw
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I was in Guelph for a period of 1.5 months for business. This was my first visit to the city and I found Comfort Inn online. The moment I stepped into the lobby i knew i had made the right choice. The hotel has been completely renovated. The lobby reminded me of a high end boutique hotel you would find in Europe. I was greeted and checked in by the GM, Aly Sunderani who was extremely genial. He went above and beyond the call of duty throughout my stay and even bought me dinner several times!

The rooms are pristine, modern, and extremely spacious. Everyday from 5am-10am a complimentary hot breakfast is offered in the breakfast area attached to the lobby. There is a wide assortment of scrumptious offerings that will satisfy any palate...An unexpected surprise was that on Mondays and Wednesdays a complimentary hot dinner was offered to all hotel guests. The location of this hotel is perfect and there are a number of surrounding amenities.

This hotel gives you a 5 star experience for the price of a 2 star stay. If you need a hotel in Guelph, look no further and book this amazing place.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 November 2013

A trip to Ontario Veterinarian Clinic from out of town for an early appointment meant an overnight in Guelph. Comfort Inn was in close proximity. This motel had been completely and beautifully renovated! The lobby and breakfast room are very impressive for an affordable motel. The owner very hospitable. We were told if we needed to stay another night he was offering a complimentary dinner. Breakfast was very substantial.
We travel a lot with our dog , staying mostly at Best Westerns and Comfort Inns throughout Canada and USA because they are dog friendly and have walk out convenience. We found this to be one of the nicest Comfort Inns. Other than nice decor there were many small details that made this place special.
Hope we don't have to come back to OVC but if we do we are comforted knowing we will be comfortable in this Comfort Inn.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I regularly visit the Guelph area for business. I purposely chose this hotel for it's location. but I later found it a necessary booking. It's not the first time I stay here, in fact it's probably the 3rd or 4th. You will not get this kind of service anywhere. Yes it's not standard... that's the way I like it.
Plus the 3 suppers offered by the owner on Mon, Tues, Wed... marks them appart. Sorry to here about some folks with bad expiriences, but I think bad experiences happen everywhere at one point or another. A perfect world doesn't exist.
Will I return... definitely.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We had our corporate outing in Guelph and stayed at this lovely hotel. Staff was friendly, helpful and courteous not to mention gave all of us great suggestions for dinner and entertainment nearby. Prices were unbeatable and they had sufficient parking for our group. Definitely will be recommending this place to all our staff and out of town corporate partners in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for double bed rooms, they tend to be larger and more comfortable.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We stayed here for one night on a weekend. There was no elevator, had to drag luggage up staircase. The whole stay felt creepy and unsafe. Police had to be called about multiple situations. Front desk staff was UNPROFESSIONAL, RUDE, and IGNORANT! Had trouble checking in, overall it was a HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE, would never stay there again, or at any other hotels in this chain!

Room Tip: "Wouldn't ever stay here again!"
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family