“Terrible Stay”

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Guelph
Sarnia, Canada
“Terrible Stay”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My family and I decided to stay at the Days Inn Guelph because of its location relative to the event we had to attend. The first problem we had, which we didn't notice until the kids were in bed, was that there was a significant amount of water in the carpet that soaked our feet. We were offered a different room, but the kids were already asleep. When we awoke in the morning, we were horrified to discover that my daughter body, especially her legs, were covered in bites. I had to immediately go to the drug store to buy some antihistamine cream ($22). I wrote to the company about this, but heard nothing from them. BTW, their complimentary breakfast consists of next to nothing. I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Moe V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Polish first
Keswick, Canada
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Everything was simple and easy with our stay. Good value for the money. The continental breakfast was adequate but nothing extraordinary - again, good value for the money. I would stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Port Elgin
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was my second stay at the Day's Inn and I have no complaints. The staff are very friendly, rooms are clean, bed is very comfortable and linens are clean. This time my husband had the breakfast and they have a good selection from cereals, to making waffles, bowl of fruit and a tray of muffins - good selection for a continental breakfast. I grabbed a muffin and apple to go. Also you can get tea, coffee and hot water through the night. The Days Inn is a smaller scale hotel with not all the amenities of a large hotel but a great place to stay if you are just needing a room and good value. When I am in Guelph I will definitely stay at the Days Inn and the location is close to restaurants and stores and Stone Road Mall. Thank you.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank maryannes894
Guelph
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Good place to refer to friends who have to go to the University of Guelph. Very close to University good restaurant around the hotel, good accommondation drug store money distributor good restaurant (Chalet Swiss)...

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo