We have stayed in many Best Westerns, Lamplight Inn London, Stoneridge Inn London, Kincardine Best Western just to name a few. Unfortunately our stay this past weekend was not an enjoyable one. A few of the families from our hockey team decided to stay at this Best Western for a tournament we playing in in Arthur. These families arrived between the hours of 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm .. checking out at 9:00 am ... some not even being there for 12 hours. Our familes were given room's in the 126 area, basically away from other guests. Our boys being 11 & 12 years of age were exceited to be in a long hallway .... yes the first thing they wanted to do was play mini sticks (hockey), unforutnatley the lady from the front desk came down and informed the boys, all 7 of them that they were no allowed to play mini sticks in the hallway because they did not want to damage the bricks. She also informed them that if she saw them with a stick she was going to take it away and they would get them back when they checked out. Thank goodness a parent happened to be near by and heard this, if there is an issue with children it should be directed to an adult not the child. The parent was than informed that if they boys wanted to play mini sticks we could rent them a room for $100 but she would discount it to $50 to over their costs to clean it up. Unfortunately the boys only had an hour of play before heading to bed and paying $50 for an hour was unreasonable. The boys then decided to watch the hockey game in the weight room since no one was in there and the tv was on. Again they were sent out because an adult must be present with them. So the boys decided to go to one of the parents room to watch the hockey game. And surprise the front desk lady (unfortunately I didn't get her name and I wish I would have) came down to the coaches room to inform him that someone is running up and down the hallway knocking on doors. The parent proceeded up stairs to check only to find the boys laying all over the beds watching the hockey game. Little to parents surprise there was another team staying in the hotel. Was the front desk lady sure it wasn't one of those boys? That's fine if a hotel does not want to rent rooms to sports teams, I understand that, but when we made the reservation you knew we were a hockey team, and in all fairness don't tag every team that stays at your establishment as being a trouble team because not all teams are. For the little time that we were there we all felt like every five minutes the front desk lady was down complaining about something. Yes if our kids were doing something wrong I agree something should be said but every five minutes ...... and not when our kids ... remember all 7 were watching hockey in one room ... and there were other people in your hotel. Becareful who you accuse ... just because they are a hockey team doesn't give you the right to blame them for everyting ... and if you feel that way about teams ... don't accept reservatoins from them!!!!
Would I stay there again .... maybe if the person at the front desk has some public skills .... it's pretty bad when you go to check out and she can't even look at you .... no hello, how was your stay, good morning etc. !!! Maybe Best Western can register her for a hotel motel management coarse ... in fact with the university located across the street it would be real convenience for them and her.
It only takes one person to ruin a weekend!!!
P.S. Best Western won!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Royal Brock Hotel in Guelph is conveniently located directly adjacent to the University of Guelph, government offices and close to commercial, retail and residential areas, all in a beautiful park-like setting in Guelph, Ontario. The Best Western Royal Brock Hotel in Guelph is ideal for the business traveler with all the value added amenities you've come to expect including complimentary high speed wireless internet access, free local, calling card access and toll-free calls and a complimentary hot breakfast.For the leisure guest, traveling through Southwestern Ontario, the Best Western Royal Brock Hotel in Guelph boasts a seasonal outdoor swimming pool and sundeck from May to September and plenty of free parking for your accommodation needs. With ample meeting/conference space and superior catering facilities, the hotel is ideal for any social or business function. When travelling through southwestern Ontario, consider the Best Western Royal Brock Hotel in Guelph for your next reservation! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Royal Brock Hotel & Conference Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Royal Brock Hotel And Conference Centre
- Best Western Guelph
- Ramada Guelph
- Guelph Ramada
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Royal Brock Hotel & Conference Centre Guelph, Ontario, Canada