My family stayed at this hotel for a volleyball tournament. The location is great, the staff were courteous and friendly however when we checked in they only had one staff on knowing there were many teams coming in on the Friday. We waited a very long time to check in.
The positives: Great location, the breakfast was the best we have had at a hotel before. Rooms are big and clean, beds are ok one had the springs coming out a bit. Pillows are fabulous which is nice. staff are helpful. They opened breakfast early to accommodate the early team times which was great! Rooms had balconies which was nice to sit out on in the afternoon/evenings.
The negatives: There is no elevator to the 3rd floor!! I have back problems and we had to carry our luggage, sports bags and coolers up stairs and back down the stairs. So if you if you have mobility problems or back issues etc like myself ask for the main floor room. The other issues were we had a room facing the road, which was very loud at night time. You can also hear every noise and door closing in the hallways. I felt bad for any other people staying there that were not part of our group as we were up at 6:30am. Lastly I was the least impressed with the wifi. We needed the internet a lot and it was very unreliable, kept kicking us off or at times it didn't even show up. I don't know if it was because we were at the other end of the building and the furthest away but It was very frustrating. Lastly, most hotels we have stayed at offered fruit and coffee/tea throughout the day and evening. There were coffee machines in the rooms but I was a little iffy on it as it looked like it wasn't used in a few years. plus it would have been nice to grab a coffee.
Generally the stay was ok. I would not stay again as I didn't like that there was no elevator and to get to the breakfast/lobby/ice machines are difficult and it was kinda loud a night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Brock Hotel in Guelph is conveniently located directly adjacent to the University of Guelph, government offices and close to commercial, retail and residential areas, all in a beautiful park-like setting in Guelph, Ontario. The Royal Brock Hotel in Guelph is ideal for the business traveler with all the value added amenities you've come to expect including complimentary high speed wireless internet access, free local, calling card access and toll-free calls and a complimentary hot breakfast. For the leisure guest, traveling through Southwestern Ontario, the Royal Brock Hotel in Guelph boasts a seasonal outdoor swimming pool and sundeck from May to September and plenty of free parking for your accommodation needs. When travelling through Southwestern Ontario, consider the Royal Brock Hotel in Guelph for your next reservation! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK) and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Brock Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Royal Brock Hotel And Conference Centre
- Best Western Guelph
- Ramada Guelph
- Guelph Ramada
- Royal Brock Hotel Guelph, Ontario, Canada