Walkerbrae House
US$106
US$71
US$62
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 July 2013

The location is central, the grounds spectacular, very private. There is a private sitting area outside and the room has a huge living area as well as beautiful bath with old fashion tub/shower. I was very impressed on the décor. The breakfast was almost made to tailor as the owner was extremely accommodating.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I want to take this opportunity to say that I had just the greatest time at the Walkerbrae House B&B this past weekend (July 2013). My best friend and I needed to get away. The suite was beautiful and the attention to detail was perfect. I loved the seperate enterance, the cozy patio space for morning coffee in the sun and the flat screen TV for the morning news. I loved the quiteness at night, the cozy bed and towels and the delicious breakfast. The property is amazing, so close to nature with beautiful gardens that you wished it was your home. Our host was so much fun that we felt like we made a new friend. I would totally recommend this to anyone looking for a home away from home. My new favourate B&B for sure!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
MerryCanadian, Owner at Walkerbrae House, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Thank you for staying with us. We enjoyed having you and most of all please come back and see us again, we'd love to see you both!
Mary and John,

Reviewed 11 April 2013

From the moment that I walked into the suite upon check-in, I knew that this was exactly what I needed for my week-long stay in the area. Beautiful colours create an inviting ambiance, comfortable bed, big cozy living room chairs,flat screen TV to catch the news at nite, kitchen galley with coffee-----all the amenities of home. All of this in a pastoral setting with very accomodating hosts. Easy access to Guelph and the Waterloo area.

Room Tip: If you prefer to be right in Guelph, this B&B also has suites/apts. in the town.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
MerryCanadian, Owner at Walkerbrae House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

Thank you for your kind words, we are glad your stay was everything you hoped for. We look forward to welcoming you back anytime,
Mary and John

Reviewed 16 March 2013

We got married at the Walkerbrae House last weekend, we had the elopement package. We were a bit late getting there so I was a little stressed when we arrived but was completely calmed down (aside from the wedding excitement) within a couple of minutes of talking to Mary the owner who said "Just take a deep breath, no one is in a rush take your time" she even helped me lace up my dress. The rest of the day was completely perfect. The ceremony was beautiful. The food was amazing and if you asked my new husband I'm sure he'd tell you that the highlight of the day for him aside from marrying me of course, was the dessert. A vanilla cake decorated with hand made white chocolate pedals. The suite was warm, comfortable and decorated so beautifully. The owners of the Walkerbrae House in my opinion really go above and beyond to make your visit there as flawless and special as possible.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Victoria K
Reviewed 23 February 2013

We attended a Service Dog Training Seminar in Guelph. This was our first time in Guelph so we did not know what to expect. We stayed at the Country Suite. This was a full service location and we chose this as it was close to our seminar. We also brought our 9 dogs. Mary made booking very easy and was very accommodating. We were treated like stars and our dogs were well taken care of while we were away. This is a good set up for dogs and families. Mary, John and the girls were always taking care of our needs and we were well educated about the area. We went for several walks with our dogs in the area and had a wonderful time. Everything was wonderful and the home cooked meals amazing. Our dietary needs changed daily and so did the meals. We even had a birthday party for 5 of our dogs. The suite was clean and very comfy. Our 4 days there flew by so quickly. Very quiet and relaxing. Everything we needed was there. We will be back again. Forget the hotels. I highly recommend you stay here or at any of their locations. You will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: They have several locations. We chose this one as it was close to our seminar and we got great service on demand. Choose a location depending on how much privacy you require. Order some of the extras,including the food, the massage was excellent.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
MerryCanadian, Owner at Walkerbrae House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2013

We love dogs and were up for the challenge of 9 dogs and two human guests. It turned out to be a house full of love and fun! We welcome you all back anytime!