Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Guelph
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Comfort Inn(Guelph)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewspancake makercrabby joesheated poolworkout roomlooked cleanminute drivefront desk staffextra towelsfree breakfastbagelsthe breakfast areahieinns
Reviewed 7 August 2012

After I made an error in booking my room block, the hotel manager and front desk staff were unbelievably helpful and accomodating. The issue was solved immediately and they went above and beyond to accomodate me and my group. As an event coordinator, I have never experienced such great customer service and hospitality. I will certainly book at their property in the future!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Naushad, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy day to share your feedback regarding your recent group booking. It truly gives us a sense of pride and accomplishment to have the opportunity to serve someone so humble as yourself.

Our hotel serves a number of groups throughout the year. I would like to think of our staff as "experts" in group bookings. We know it can be hectic with the many things that you have to deal with, when arranging group accommodations, and mistakes can happen. I'm glad to hear that everything was resolved to your satisfaction.

If there is anything I can do to make your stay more accommodating, please don't hesitate to let me know.

All the best,

Reviewed 2 August 2012

This is a fairly new facility that is very clean and well maintained. The suite type room we had included two TV's, a nice wall mounted mirror in the bath, a fridge and a microwave. Very nice room.
Location was very good. Just a couple of miles south to a good mall and about a 10 minute drive to downtown Guelph for dinner at Babelfish Bistro (Go there! Check their spot on Tripadvisor reviews. Yum.)
We stayed in 4 Holiday Inn Express hotels and a Residence Inn on this trip. The Guelph HIE was the second best hotel (after the Residence Inn) and was the second cheapest (after Ludington MI HIE). In other words, great value.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Naushad, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy day to share your feedback regarding your recent stay. It truly gives us a sense of pride and accomplishment to have the opportunity to serve someone so humble as yourself. We strive everyday to ensure we exceed all guest expectations. It would be our pleasure to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 30 July 2012

I found the service to be excellent at this hotel. When I had to change a booking the manager was extremely helpful. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Location was also great.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Naushad, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2012

Reviewed 27 July 2012

When I went to check out, I was told I need to pay for the roll-away bed we got, which was fine, i just mentioned that i would of appreciated them telling me that it was $20 when they asked me if I needed anything. When i said this, the general manager came out from the back and proceeded to tell me and my friends that we have "no common sense" and that "you need to use your head to figure out that it's obviously not free! Nothing's free!"
After this, he then began to raise his voice at us, and at one point was yelling while my two friends and I stayed calm and told him not to undermined us, not to say we have no common sense, and not to yell or raise his voice because it's rude and unnecessary.
He continued to tell us we did not know anything and treated us like children. We told him that he should not be speaking to us like this because we are customers and do not deserve to be spoken to like that by anyone, let alone the general manager.
The only reason he would be speaking to us like he did was because we are University students, and for some reason he decided to be arrogant and rude to us because of this. At one point he even asked the employee helping us to go to our rooms and make sure nothing was broken or damaged because he did not believe us (nothing was wrong!). He was looking for things to charge us for. If a couple, a family, a single person, or anyone in the same situation except older, he never would have asked an employee to check our rooms, and especially not right in front of us.

This was the worst, most frustrating and rude experience I have had in any situation before.
The general manager at this holiday inn express needs to have an evaluation immediately, or fired because he had no right to speak to a paying customer like he did, ever ! Especially customers who did nothing wrong!

Don't go there !!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Mackenzie A

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your concerns. All of our staff strive daily to ensure that all guests have an excellent stay at our hotel. We regret that we fell short of your expectations.

In regards to your comments to being charged for the rollaway, I would simply like to add that it was and item that was requested by your group and that you were made aware of the charge at the time of the reservation. This is a very standard industry practice and is commonly done by all the hotels within the surrounding region. The rollaway charge is to cover the additional housekeeping and cleaning costs, plus the cost of the additional person that will be staying in the room and using the excellent amenities that our hotel has to offer.

We wish you the greatest success and hope that you will give us another opportunity to better serve you in the future. Please don't hesitate to give me a call if you have any further comments.

Reviewed 18 July 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights in November 2011...in town for my son's wedding. I must say this is a very nice hotel to stay in. Beds are big and comfortable. Bathroom had all the amenities and very clean. My room was on the 1st floor and easily accessible from the lobby or the door leading to the parking lot. Room came with all the comforts of home...ironing board, iron, microwave, refrigerator, desk, and lots of closet space. The free continental breakfast area is right off the front lobby and is spacious with plenty of options for everyone. I did not have a chance to go to the pool but saw it as I walked by and it looked very inviting. The staff there is very friendly and courteous and the checkin/checkout process went very smoothly and quickly. Of all the hotels in the area, I have stayed at a few others this one I would I definitely stay there again...it is truly worth the extra money.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor are closest to everything!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Naushad, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2012