“Great Stay With Family”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Guelph
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Guelph
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Great towels! We slept like babies! Great location. Very quiet rooms. The free hot buffet breakfast in the morning had lots of variety with pancakes, eggs, bacon, and sausage. The kitchenette in our suite was a very nice feature. It was great for a family of 5 like us as there was a separate living room area for the kids and a french door separated the bedroom and living room. Kids loved the pool! Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Sean M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey, we certainly appreciate the positive comments. I am sharing this with the rest of the staff so they know how they are doing. If you have any questions or need help with future reservations please feel free to contact me anytime.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 17 October 2013

I stayed here for one night. Check in was very friendly and efficient. Rooms are clean and spacious. They have comfortable beds and a complete pillow menu - awesome!! The hotel was very quiet at night so I get a wonderful sleep. Didnt used the pool or the gym - but both looked okay.
I will come back when I am in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Sean M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey. We really do appreciate it. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to serving you again in the future. If you have any questions or need help with future reservations please feel free to contact me anytime.

Sincerely

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I stayed at this property for one night with my grandaughter, she was in a competion the next day. Check in went well, although the couple in front of me was asked to give a good review.
My room was clean except for the stains on the carpet & the bed skirt on one of the beds.
I couldn't get the alarm clock to work, so asked for a replacement , which was done very quickly, to find out it wasn't the clock that was brocken , but the sockets weren't working. I eventually pluged it in the bathroom socket. I asked for a wake up call, as the automatic one didn't work, I never did get it, but thankfully the alarm worked, otherwize we would have slept in.We used the pool, we had it all to oueselves that was great , had a lot of fun.
Breakfast was what we expected. When I was leaving , I was going to ask why I didn't get my wake up call, there was no one at the front desk.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank curlyNiagaraFAlls
Sean M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Dear guest,

I do apologize for the missed wake up call and no one being at the front desk at check out. That is very unusual and I will definitely look into this. It would help greatly if I knew when you stayed and which room so that I can figure everything out to make sure this never happens again. I do appreciate you taking the time to fill out this survey and hopefully will see you again soon a the hotel. If you have any questions or need help with reservations please feel free to contact me anytime.

Thanks,

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Holiday Inn Express is one of those hotels I keep coming back to. Why? Because I find their quality standards are very consistent between properties. One of the managers once told me that corporate head office regularly sends inspectors to hotel properties.

The layout of the Guelph H.I.exp is similar to others, including the room windows that do not open. (not a fan of those)

What I liked:
- Staff friendliness and engagement
- Room size
- Bed and sleep quality
- Very sound-proof (at least on the top floor near the end of the hallway)
- Cleanliness
- Water temperature and pressure
- TV quality and availability of channels
- WiFi quality

To Improve:
- In the breakfast room, way too much Styrofoam and plastic. (not very Eco friendly)
- One of the tread-mills in the exercise room is stabilized with wooden shims to stop it from shaking.....it didn't work. During my work-out, the tread-mill was shaking and making a lot of noise. Needs maintenance, or get better tread-mills.
- The AirCon vents in the floor of the breakfast room can blow very cold air on you
- In the room, the low fan setting is very strong

I would definitely return

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Sean M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this survey. I really do appreciate that you listed both the positive and the negatives. This way I can look at fixing the specific things that didn't meet your expectations and maintaining what did. If you have any questions or need help with future reservations please feel free to contact me anytime.

Thanks,

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Stayed recently at the Holiday Inn with my daughter and granddaughter while we visited African Lion Safari. Hotel was clean, the pool was warm, great location, fairly quiet and the breakfast each morning was delicious. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Make sure you specify if you would like a pool side room, road side room or lobby side room. It doe...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Sean M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for those kind comments and for taking the time to fill out the survey. I have shared them with the rest of the staff. It is always nice to hear what you are doing right. If you have any questions or need help with future reservations please feel free to contact me anytime.

Sincerely

Reviewed 25 July 2013

I have stayed here 3 times since June 19th & it's been a great stay consistently. The staff welcome you, and cannot do enough to make you happy. If we need anything it's done in a quick manner.

The breakfast is really good, there is a wide variety of hot/cold breakfast items & everything is fresh. The pool is comfortable, the rooms are clean, & best of all the beds are so comfortable. I will be returning to Guelph soon and booking at the Holiday Inn Express.

Many thanks to the staff, especially Karim for being so kind.

Room Tip: We have stayed in the 2 queen sized bed rooms, and there is a fridge, microwave and plenty of room...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Sean M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

Dear Guest,

We here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Guelph, thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey. I am sharing this with the rest of the staff so they know what they are doing right. If you have any questions feel free to contact me anytime. I look forward to serving you in the near future.

Thanks again.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

Took a kids ball team down and stayed the weekend. Smaller, but comfortable pool area with nice Hot Tub, Clean (big) rooms, and a nice breakfast. Outstanding customer service, very friendly, accommodating staff, from check in to check out. Would certainly stay here agaon ..... Thanks

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank 34Jerry
Sean M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words. I am sharing this with the rest of the staff so they know what they did well. We really appreciate you taking the time to fill out the survey. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me anytime. We look forward to serving you in the near future.

Thanks