“A Home Away From Home”

Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Guelph
Oshawa, Canada
“A Home Away From Home”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I just wanted to inform you that my family and I were really impressed with our recent stay. The location, facility itself, and your tremendous staff on duty. During our stay, there was an incident of several young adults having a "hall party" , drinking in the halls, and being extremely loud. We were at that time trying to get our baby to sleep and relax ourselves. We called the front desk and your staff had the issue resolved within minutes. As well as he had contacted us back to confirm it was resolved and if there were any other issues. We have stayed in several hotels and had similar issues, were they have not dealt with the issues at hand, making our stay uncomfortable. I have not had this much respect and courtesy with any other establishment. Your business has gained our life long partnership. Thank you to all the staff working that day/night.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Scott D
Sean M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Guelph, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Guest,

I am glad that we were able to resolve the issue efficiently to your satisfaction. I have let the guest service representative know what a wonderful job he did and shared it with the rest of the staff so they know how to handle this situation in the future. If you have any questions or need help with future reservations please feel free to contact us anytime.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

The entire staff was good specially Amir khan was warm, friendly and accommodating, going well above and beyond the level of service i've ever experienced from a hotel staff. He personal went out side with me to show me restaurant across the road. The rooms are enormous and clean, with all of the necessary convenience. The amazing staff and spacious rooms make this a superb value in Guelph. Highly recommended

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank littlej99
Sean M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Guelph, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Guest,

I appreciate the positive feedback, and will be sharing this with the rest of the staff so they can see how things are suppose to be done. I am truly glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Over the past couple of years we have driven to Guelph to visit family every three months. In that time we have never had a poor stay in this hotel. In the past we have dealt with Karim who has always made our stay perfect but this time it fell to Amir to look after our visit. He had big shoes to fill but it could not have been better.
As it was a Friday evening the hotel was busy but each time I went to talk to Amir at the front desk he looked up with a big, beaming smile.
I would highly recommend this hotel for your stay in the Guelph area.
We did not use the hot tub, pool or exercise room so on that part I cant comment.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Sean M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Guelph, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful review that I will be sharing with all the staff. I have also made a not ein Amir's file about the excellent service that he is providing our excellent guests. If you have any questions or need help with future reservations please feel free to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Despite a whole floor being refurbished the stay was great as usual.
Anything needed is dealt with immediately by the desk staff. Aamir Khan and others (names not readily coming to mind sorry) on the desk all seem and portray a desire to fix every eventuality and always ask if help is needed and great with a smile. Fit ness room is adequate but could do with free weights which i understand is part of the next phase of refurb.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Andrew L
Sean M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Guelph, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Dear Guest,

I am glad that the renovations didn't impact your stay. It is always nice hearing positive comments about the staff and the hotel. If you have any questions or need help with reservations please feel free to contact me anytime.

Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I give this location two stars in comparison to the other Holiday Inn in Guelph. This is a Holiday Inn "Express", but seems to have identical amenities to the other Holiday Inn in town, and the room prices are similar.

The biggest problem with this property, is that it is loud. It alternately attracts hockey families, and rubes young and old from all around the region who frequent the C&W bar across the street. So expect a lot of noise from unsupervised children during the day, and drunken revelers at night.

Otherwise, everything at this location went well enough. The service was polite and welcoming. I'd come back if I needed to be in this area of Guelph, but I would avoid the weekends, and certainly choose the other Holiday Inn over this one (and that one too if only the Delta were booked!)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Kam D
Sean M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Guelph, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this survey and letting us know how we can improve. It truly is appreciated. We are working on solving the noise problem so that it does not occur again in the future. If you would like to discuss this further please feel free to contact me anytime.

Cobourg, Canada
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I travel a lot to the Guelph area on Business. A guest service agent like Aamir at this hotel makes a lot of difference on your enjoyment of a stay. He was polite and professional and made sure that I had everything I needed at the hotel. The location is handy for access to Guelph but there is not a lot of street noise so you can get some rest when needed at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Phil O
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this survey. We certainly enjoy hearing the positive review that you gave us and I am sharing it with all the staff.

Stratford, Canada
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I have had a great stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Guelph. The staff and manager are very helpful on accommodating you. When I wanted to stay on the first floor but they had only rooms on the third floor. Aamir Khan worked on getting my a room on the first floor. Aamir always had a smile on his face and greeted you like he know you from along time ago. He had made my stay each time at Holiday a great place to stay away from home and would stay there all the time when needed.
having Aamir Khan working at front desk made checking in and our a great pleasure for my stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank kevin l
Dear Guest,

I am glad that the staff was so accomodating. I have talked to Amir about this and let him know how good of a job he is doing. We appreciate the great comments and you taking the time to fill out this survey. If you have any questions or need help with future reservations please feel free to contact us anytime.