“First Time Visit & Nicely Impressed”

Baker Street Station
Ranked #9 of 397 Restaurants in Guelph
Cuisines: British, Canadian, Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A unique pub experience in Guelph, The Baker Street Station is proud to offer its patrons the finest food and drink in a thoroughly modern yet surprisingly traditional atmosphere.
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We went here in mid April for lunch with our son who lives in Guelph, at his suggestion. This was a nice experience, a comfortable, relaxed feel to the place but make no mistake, it is a pub. They carry a good selection of craft beers and the ones we had were very tasty indeed! Their dishes were also impressive, but being lunch we kept to basics: burgers for me and my son, risotto for my wife. I was pleased the plates were not on the table in short order, because you know a fresh risotto needs to be made from scratch and that takes a bit of time. When the plates came we were not disappointed; good portions all round with fresh greens. All very delicious. Total with tip came to about $75.

1  Thank CashandCarry

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We ate here before the Guelph Storm game on Thursday May 1/14, we arrived early and good thing because, this place filled up fast. There are many craft brewery beers to choose from, all on tap. Very nice. The meal was very good, and you need to think outside the box on this one. Their new summer menu was just introduced, and the selection was different. The Thai Chicken Curry was delicious, and just a bit spicy. The food is not typical pub food, so go into this place with an open mind. Prices were a bit high. Our meal for 2 with appetizer to share, an entrée each and a couple of beer each, was $100. with tip.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

It is a great pub atmosphere with the bonus of having some of the consistently best food in town, period- not average pub grub. Amazing food. Extensive beer list. Good wines and whiskeys.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Couldn't have enjoyed this place more. Moving to Guelph from Ottawa, I'm used to having a bunch of very interesting restaurants to eat at and was worried I would be missing out by leaving Ottawa. I was so happy to find this place on my first day in Guelph. Went for an early weekend lunch. They were still serving a delicious breakfast and had an excellent selection of Ontario Microbreweries on tap. You've won me over when you can give me good eggs and craft beers.

The bartender started talking to us about Ottawa and some of the good local beers and ended up letting us sample some of the Beau's taps that we hadn't tried. My first meal in my new hometown and there are going to be many more to follow. Great gastropub.

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

3 of us were curious of the hype! We gave the short rib Putin, onion rings and beef tung with bone marrow a go! Our waitress and waiter were extremely capable! We asked for their comments and recommendations which led us to try these. A chalkboard of Saturday specials a chalkboard of beers and a couple of items which were requested and that the kitchen prepared for us. The rumour was that a popular CDN food show dedicated some time to the eatery. The kitchen agreed to our request (thanks to our waitress) and we're were spoiled! Early in the day was the key as when we left the placed was jammed. Gotta try the peanut butter bacon with a bacon and maple syrup drizzle cheesecake! Don't count the calories! Thanks! It was wonderful!!

1  Thank Deirdre K