“Great food, great service and lovely atmosphere”
Review of The Joint Cafe - CLOSED

The Joint Cafe
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Welcome to The Joint Cafe located in downtown Guelph. The cafe is a cool and comfortable place to relax and grab a Birds & Beans coffee, glass of wine, craft beer or custom cocktail. We offer a variety of beer by the bottle, such as Mill Street Organic & Tankhouse, as well as Stonehammer Dark & Pilsner & Wellington SPA. Our food is second to none and is all made from scratch in house. Check out our menu on our website.Take a seat in front of our fireplace and chill out with a favourite magazine or book. Our team is ready to serve you and allow you some quiet time to just decompress from the day.We do offer free wi-fi to our guests, but we are a laptop free zone from 11am-2pm & during our evening dining. It is important to us to keep our tables open for our dining clientele.
Reviewed 24 June 2013

My partner, son and I visited Guelph in December from England. The joint cafe was recommended to us by Mario from 'Play with clay' and let's just say we weren't disappointed. The food was outstanding! I had the chicken pot pie, my son the mac n cheese and my partner had what I can only describe as the greatest looking salad ever!!! The staff where lovely and we really look forward to returning to Guelph hopefully this summer so we can visit The joint cafe again.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

Finally found a great breakfast spot with great atmosphere, great coffee (a great taste ratio of strong coffee to milk in my cappuccino), and a great breakfast.

My mom and I went here for a mother-daughter date. She had the smoked salmon with bagel, dill cream cheese, hard boiled egg. Was beautifully presented and was very flavourful. I had the Fully Monty which was huge! Sausage, peameal bacon, eggs, potatoes, scone, half a grapefruit and a coffee. Perfect!

We both loved it and look forward to going back. We've finally found our 'spot' :)

Reviewed 2 June 2013 via mobile

I've been here a few times for breakfast with girlfriends, it's casual and cozy, a great place to catch up over coffee with friends. Their french toast is definitely worth trying, and they've got lots of other great items too.
I'll be back again soon :)

Reviewed 19 May 2013

Love this place! Cute and artsy... Also loved that a breakfast option included boiled eggs. This place is a must try.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

Friends who had been here for lunch were so impressed they took us here for dinner on a Friday evening. We were blown away by the quality of food, the non-gluten options, the quaintness of the place and above all else the excellent service we got from Kaitlan. Guelph does have some excellent restaurants, but we have a new favorite.