“Fun group event for all ages”

Guelph Grotto Climbing Company
Ranked #20 of 40 things to do in Guelph
Reviewed 8 January 2017

We visited Guelph Grotto as an event with our Scouting group. We ranged in age from 5 to adult. Everyone had a great time and could access climbs at their individual ability. There were 22 in our group (plus a few non-climbers), and the facility provided plenty of staff to help us. No one was ever standing around with nothing to do; the facility is very large with plenty of options to try. Some require staff assistance but many you can do independently, even as a first-time climber.

The attitude is very positive; although I had a slight injury going in, I was able to climb to the top of one of the walls. However, when I tried a harder climb, I could only make it about half-way. The staff encouraged me to climb higher, and I did, but when I couldn't make it to the top, they still remained positive, and never pressured me to do anything I didn't want to do.

We traveled close to an hour to get here, and it was worth it. I definitely plan to return with my family, and hopefully we'll be able to plan another group event in the future as well.

Reviewed 16 August 2016

I live in Arizona but I have family in the Guelph area. I make a point to return to Grotto every year while visiting to get in some extra climbing time. Love this gym... Ben was great with some extra tips for bouldering!

Reviewed 20 February 2015

This gym is by far the best gym I've been to in the last four years. I am not great by any means but I don't feel scrutinized by anyone. Everyone has been really cool and friendly. The runs have been challenging and it is definitely a very safe atmosphere. I would recommend going during the day or before 5pm, Friday night or Saturday day before it gets too busy. Thanks Grotto!

2  Thank chelseaparent
Reviewed 1 February 2015

Climbing in a controlled environment is a great introduction to rock climbing. Lots of different walls, instructors focus on safety, padded floors prevent injury. Reasonably priced.

2  Thank Three G