“"Girls Night Out"”

York Rd Kitchen & Chocolate Bar
Ranked #12 of 383 Restaurants in Guelph
Price range: US$4 - US$16
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Renovated Old Classic Guelph Steakhouse now has modern/rustic feel and great comfort food. Family friendly restaurant with bar area. Great theme of Sweet and Savoury Chocolate runs through the whole menu from Lamb Shanks to Homemade Pasta, Desserts and Amazing Chocolate Cocktails. Full bar features many local beers and wines on tap. This is an "Un-Chained" restaurant where most food is made from scratch. Service is relaxed yet professional, led by Karim & Sara formerly of The Other Brother's Restaurant. Parking is free and plentiful on site. Take Out and Delivery available (20%) discount. Great Burgers, Steaks and Homemade Pasta - how about a Tableside Campfire S'mores for Dessert? See you soon.....
“"Girls Night Out"”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Last minute "girls night out" and where to go? A little on-line inspiration and it was decided. Our first visit here and from the moment we opened the door we knew we had made the right choice. No reservations and we were seated right away. Hannah, our server was amazing, excellent recommendations & the food was DELISH!. We had a wonderful evening and we WILL be back for the next "girls night out" :)

• Visited May 2014

Guelph, Ontario, Canada
“Do you like Chocolate?”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Well even if you don't YRK has you covered. I have been reading some positive reviews in the newspaper and decided to check this place out seeing as it's only 5 minutes from my house.

We went on a Monday night and it was not busy, but I understand it can be on the more popular nights. We originally tried for Sunday and they were booked up for Mother's Day.

The decor is interesting, kinda industrial, and a touch of street. Fun!

The menu is eclectic with a an interesting mix of dishes. I opted for a safe choice and tried their meatloaf. It was excellent. Very tasty! It came with smashed potatoes, carrots, and green beans. All were equally tasty! I washed all of this down with a glass of the local Wellington SPA beer.

For chocolate I tried their Hot Chocolate Shot which is made with Mexican sipping chocolate. Excellent! For dessert I tried their cheesecake which was served in a jar. This was not quite to my taste as I prefer my cheesecake to be traditional and I think they used a different cheese or something. Not bad, just not for me. Lots of other stuff to choose from!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank MichaelSze
guelph, ontario
“Terrible”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We went to this restaurant as a group of 14. Our waitress was excellent. Our birthday girl was having a few drinks. Everyone was buying her a fancy drink she had 6 and the owner came over and told her she could not have any more and if anyone at the table bought her one the whole table would be cut off. We are in our 40's not kids.
To make matters worse I ordered the 16oz tbone that had to be the worst steak I have had. I told the owner she said I should have told her before. I ate less than a quarter of it when I told her. She did nothing about it and charged me full price. The whole experience was terrible. I would never recommend this restaurant. The owner does not have any manners and she doesn't care about her clients

• Visited April 2014
6 Thank trixiejc
Guelph, Canada
“Nice little place with good prices”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by this place. Upon entering we were seated immediately with no reservations. The hostess was very welcoming and the waitstaff was great, ever attentive but not to the point of being bothersome. The menu was nice and had numerous options for any taste. We had mussels to start which unfortunately were overcooked but the Thai tomato curry sauce they came in more than made up for it, we had to ask for extra bread to soak up all the goodness. Had a burger and fries which was really good and an espresso to close it out. All in all it was a good first impression, I also must mention the prices for the kids menu were great, for the price point they offer I'd much rather take my kids here than for any type of fast food. The interior design seems to be all over the place not really a cohesive design theme but I guess with the layout being all over the place free range was applied to each area ? Thanks YRK, we'll be back, hopefully we can try another seating section next time.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank SunWorship46
Guelph, Canada
“See (taste for yourself)”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I was looking for a restaurant on-line. Every restaurant had good many good reviews and some negative. Then it hit me. Why am I basing my decision on somebody else's opinion, somebody I don't even know. So, I tried for myself.....worth the trip.

I had a braised beef ragu. All homemade including the pasta. $14.95 wow!
Wine decent. Service excellent. Menu diverse. Unique décor.

But hey, why take my word?

• Visited March 2014