“Simply Amazing!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of 39 Carden Street

39 Carden Street
Ranked #14 of 381 Restaurants in Guelph
Cuisines: Canadian, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: 39 Carden Street is a bistro in the heart of Downtown Guelph. Our menu features an inspired cuisine, with a modern twist, prepared fresh daily using the finest local ingredients. We showcase snack, weekend brunch, lunch and dinner items on our unique menu. 39 Carden Street is the perfect venue for any occasion.
St.Catharines
“Simply Amazing!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

I had the pleasure of attending a winemakers dinner at 39 Carden and Chef Becky is by far one of the most talented Chefs I have come across. The food was as fresh as it comes and the flavours were just out of this world. There Chalk Board menu is such a great idea and shows how fresh the ingredients are and how everything changes based on what is in season. I would highly highly recommend you enjoying any meal here, you will not be dissapointed!

2 Thank Search-Find-Enjoy

Kingston, Canada
“Delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

First visit, went with a large group, Service was excellent; love the décor and the apps and mains were delicious. My group ordered the lamb, the steak, the chicken and the pork and enjoyed their meal. I ordered the pork, never in my life had I had such a thick chop, must have been at least 2", it was cooked to perfection, this is a test to the chef's cooking skill. With desserts not everyone in my group was pleased. However I had the lemon tart, which turned out to be a combination of my 2 favourite desserts, lemon pie and crème brule. Only draw back is how they display their menu. Framed chalkboard on the wall, nice idea but doesn t work for those who are sitting against that wall. Highly recommend for any occasion.

1 Thank mac j
New Delhi, India
“This place is a Gem downtown.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is an unassuming place but the food is out of this world. Everything from the starters to the desserts makes this a great place to have a enjoyable evening. I had the Lamb Sirloin and my partner had the Rabbit Risotto. My Lamb melted in my mouth and the Rabbit was cooked to perfection. This is one of our top places to eat. Great food and good prices what more do you need.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Mindful_Travels
Brisbane
“Delicious Brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I met some friends here for Sunday brunch, and was impressed by how relaxed the atmosphere was. My friends and I ordered various breakfast dishes, and they were all delicious. My eggs benedict was cooked perfectly, and the home fries were delicious. The brunch menu is fairly small, but with a nice variety, and the portion sizes aren't too large, either. The server was friendly, but needed to be a little more attentive. Can't wait to go back!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Guelph, Canada
“Amazing and affordable!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

my wife and I have been coming to 39 carden for quite awhile now, the things we love most about the place is the ever so changing menu items, you can tell the place is doing a lot better from when they started last year as we came it and it was just us on a Friday night and now we come and its almost full as to be sure we always get a resovation because you never want to miss a gem like this! One steak item yo have to try is their hanger steak probably the type of steak ive ever tried!

• Visited June 2014