“Second verse better than the first. Lol”

Norfolk Guest House
Ranked #1 of 5 Guelph B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I just stayed for the second time and once again everything was incredible. The warmth of the owner and the house made me at home. I have travelled all over this beautiful planet and this spot is definitely world class. This visit was even more special as I was remembered and greeted with kindness and acceptance. I will be back. I love how clean the rooms are and how quiet the house is. How breakfast is not rushed and I was able to pick the time to eat, and relax once I did. I stayed in the Turkish suite and since my fist visit it was completely redecorated and I love it. What a lovely little spot to run way to. If you need to rejuvenate and rest, this is the place to do it. Bravo.

Room Tip: There we're no pool or fitness center so I can't comment on those two items honestly. But I...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Sharon Q

Reviewed 31 December 2013

My partner and I just had a fabulous stay at the Norfolk B&B. The house is the perfect mix of antique with modern comforts and accents. Jacuzzi tubs, bedding and shower were some of the highlights for me! The house is decorated beautifully. It is very comfortable and charming. Janet is a pro and has all the details figured out!
I wanted to mention that the Inn is gay friendly. Being a lesbian couple and in our early 30’s, we were a little reluctant to stay in a privately owned inn. We couldn’t have been more relieved that Janet seemed genuinely comfortable with us as her guests. She is an incredibly hard-working and lovely person. Her breakfast was delicious and we had some great chats! I would recommend anyone of any age wanting an Ontario getaway to check out Norfolk. I look forward to returning! Thanks Janet.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ZenToronto
Reviewed 19 November 2013

If you find yourself looking for a lovely, comfortable and beautiful place to stay in Guelph, ON.,

the Norfolk B&B is an excellent choice. Janet (owner) fixes a delicious breakfast and is very helpful if you

need any directions or information to make your stay most enjoyable. Located just minutes from

downtown Guelph, the Norfolk is in a great location and offers free parking. Each room has its own
theme and unique decor so each time I have stayed has been a fun experience.

Room Tip: Some rooms have ensuites which can be more convenient.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 October 2013

When in Guelph, I would not think of staying any place but at the Norfolk B+B.
Janet and Lisa offered the best of welcomes.
Ever wish was taken care of in a friendly, efficient manner.
The building is gorgeous, the room was very comfortable, all worked great, internet access [ key for me ] was efficient, nice stroll to downtown, big English breakfast alone would bring me back... all in all, a great base for a stay in Guelph.
Matt N

Room Tip: all looked very good.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank matt n
Reviewed 5 October 2013

My husband and I came to Norfolk to celebrate our anniversary. We loved how private the Grandview suite was and the two person Jacuzzi.

I was disappointed that the fireplace didn't work, even when I used the labeled switches on the wall. The bed was very comfortable, though it would have been better if it was a king size. If you enjoy bed and breakfasts, you will love Norfolk.

Room Tip: Spring for the Grandview suite. You will be very glad that you did!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CelesteG722
Janetperry, Owner at Norfolk Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

WE really appreciate all comments our guest makes, it helps us to improve.
King size beds are the next phase in upgrades but will not happen for a while since the Queen beds are all new. Changing bed size also means change room decor as well.

The reason the fireplace did not work was because there is not a switch on the wall for the fireplace. The wall switch is for the lights above the fireplace not the fireplace itself. You must turn the fireplace on manually at the bottom of the fireplace. So that is why it did not appear to work for you. It is in perfect working order and always has been. Perhaps we can place a note with instructions in the room to make it more clear for future guests. Thankyou for your comments. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

My daughter is in her 4th year at U. of Guelph and my husband and I have stayed at Norfolk House many times over those years, when we come to visit her. We have always been more than happy with our experience there. Twice, we've even been up-graded to a bigger room than the one we reserved, at no extra cost. The decor is lovely, elegant and spotlessly clean. The jacuzzi baths are what we really look forward to, after a 5 hour drive. Breakfast is always spectacular and Janet is a friendly and pleasant host. After our daughter moves on from U. of Guelph, we might have to keep coming back anyway, just to enjoy a stay at Norfolk House.

Room Tip: Any room is a good one at Norfolk House!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mary-Lou H
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Third time visitor - impressed every time. This is one of the most beautiful B&Bs I visit. The rooms are gorgeous and spacious, the same goes for the washroom . The beds are always comfortable and I never have trouble sleeping. Great food, great service.

Room Tip: Grandview or Penthouse
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business