“I like this hotel”

Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Guelph
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Guelph
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This hotel is very convenient as there are lots of places to eat and not far from Guelph downtown. Also the swimming pool is good for a quick exercise. Room is clean and quite. Facility is new and updated. I like this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Sean M, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Guest,

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to serving you in the near future. If you ever have any questions please feel free to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We were there for a wedding, the hotel offered a shuttle service to and from the hotel to the venue. And the room was wonderfully comfortable. We had a good swim in the pool and a great breakfast. Overall stay was impressive.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I am very pleased that you were impressed with the services we provide. I will be sharing this with the staff to let them know how they are doing. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me anytime.

Thank You!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I would highly recommend this hotel, which was perfectly situated for my Guelph High School reunion. It was especially good for a lone woman traveller. The beds and bedding were exceptionally comfortable. The breakfasts were very well presented with a great variety to choose from. It certainly said a lot for this chain of hotels, where I would seek out accommodation in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

We always appreciate the time you take to fill out these surveys, as well as recommendations about our hotel. Thank You! If you ever have any questions or need help with reservations please feel free to contact me anytime.

Thank You!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

We were travelling on leisure but would also recommend this hotel for business...ideal location. Hotel was clean, bright and comfortable and staff very well trained and professional. Thank you for a nice weekend, we really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Sean M, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to serving you again in the near future. If you have any questions or need help with future reservations please feel free to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

This hotel stay was comfortable for us (one adult, one young teenager), but I expect that having the whole family (two adults, two young teenagers) would have been crowded in the slightly small room (we didn't book a suite). The staff were friendly and helpful, the hotel pool was a welcome distraction at the end of the long day, and overall this was a good stay, and comfortable. The breakfast had a limited selection of foods, but certainly enough for us (yogurt, eggs, fruit, breads/pastries, self-made waffles, etc.).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay. You are correct that our suites are bigger than our standard rooms and are more suitable for larger families of more than 4. If you have any questions or need help with future reservations please feel free to contact us anytime.

Sincerely

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Staff is to be commended on their genuine and helpful manner during check-in, at breakfast and at check-out! Room was spacious, very clean (I'm picky) and the bed was outstandingly comfortable. Could use a décor update, but I'll be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

I am glad that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. We always enjoy hearing from our valuable guests. I will be sharing this review with all the staff since they did such a wonderful job of customer service. If you ever have any questions or need help with future reservations please feel free to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Our home is up for sale and before we moved into temporary housing, we stayed at the Hampton for one night. Two adults and two children. The staff was courteous. The room was clean. The fridge roared. We unplugged it. When all of us got thirsty, there were only two 'plastic' glasses. Come on Hampton, for the hefty price of the room, I would expect glass. When we went to shower, there was no soap. I called the desk and no one offered to bring us the soap. No apology either. I picked it up from the desk. We were starving by breakfast and so looking forward to it. Hmmm,,,, how disappointing. Everything tasted synthetic. Wait, the plates, cups and cutlery were synthetic. Again, come on Hampton, you can afford ceramic mugs, plates and stainless steel cutlery. Also, how about a cooked breakfast? Why does everything come out of the box or machine?

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Sean M, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this survey. We always appreciate hearing about our guests experience. I truly apologize for a) the housekeeping not leaving soap in your room when she cleaned it and b) the front desk clerk not immediately bringing it up to your room. I am investigating to make sure I speak to the proper staff and will be disciplining them for not doing their job properly. As far as the styrofoam at breakfast we use Spudware. This is compostable and all the plates bowls and cutlery are made from this. The breakfast items are dictated to us by Hampton Inn and are the same at all Hampton Inn's in North America. We do not have a full kitchen to prepare fresh food at Hampton Inn's so this is why everything is previously prepared for us. If you have any questions or need help with future reservations please feel free to contact me anytime.