“This Guelph, Ontario Hotel Goes Above & Beyond”

Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Guelph
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Guelph
Nashville, Tennessee
“This Guelph, Ontario Hotel Goes Above & Beyond”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2014

For the last 7 years we have travelled to Guelph, Ontario usually twice a year to take care of family members in senior care there. We have always stayed at this Hampton. They have gone out of their way to be as helpful as possible.

Because of the way they have treated us over the years we now stay at Hampton Inns or Hiltons whenever possible when we travel.

We had made arrangements to be in Guelph to take care of family in mid to late August when we received a call from the Doctor that this family member had suddenly gone downhill very fast and if we wanted to see her, we needed to get there before our planned trip. I called the Hampton and even though they were booked solid, the manager Karim called me back and said he would make arrangements for us. (There were two large events in Guelph that week and the hotels were all booked solid). Karim went out of his way for us. Upon our arrival other staff members including Amanda, Albert and Husam went out of their way to be more than helpful.

While there, our family member passed away and the people at the Hampton were wonderful.
Thank you, our experiences at your hotel over the years have only ever been very good, in large part to the staff and management, but also the very nice facilities.

I saw some negative comments about the breakfast, I don't understand why, it is better than most people have at their home and is complimentary. Someone complained about plastic knives and forks - why? Remember this is a complimentary breakfast - it saves the hotel the cost of staff having to wash up all the utensils and plates etc. Breakfast is always well presented with several options and in a really nice location and again the staff that put it on are always very helpful.

This hotel is a great place to stay, with very helpful and wonderful staff. As a general rule the person in charge sets the tone and direction for the staff. The management at this hotel set a great example.

Thank you to everyone at the Guelph Ontario Hampton Inn & Suites. We are so appreciative of your help and your extra care.

Jeff & Beth

Room Tip: Hotel is set quite a way back from a busy street so we have never had an issue with road noise.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Sean M, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Guelph, responded to this review, 6 September 2014
Dear Guest,

I am glad that we have always met your needs and made your stay excellent everytime. My sympathies go out to you for your lost love one. I hope that we can serve you again in the future. This reveiw will be shared with all the staff so everyone knows what a great job they are doing. If you ever have any questions or need help with future reservations, please feel free to contact us anytime.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2014

Overall my stay at Hampton Inn was great. The room was very clean, quiet and comfortable, and a good size. The complimentary breakfast was a full buffet, not just a continental breakfast like most hotels, so I really enjoyed bacon and eggs with my breakfast. The a/c fan was a little strong and blew cold air into my face in the bed as I tried to sleep, then the room would get a little too cold, and a little too warm before it would kick in again. But that was a minor issue, and just a note in case they can adjust it in the future.

• Stayed September 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. I will look into the A/C issue and hopefully have if fixed prior to your next stay. We appreciate the time you took to let everyone know about your experience and look forward to serving you in the near future. If you have any questions or need help with future reservations please feel free to contact us anytime.

Maryhill, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2014

The wife and I have been to this Hampton twice for our 're-get to know each other' vacations. We usually get the hottub room because she likes to relax in it. For just above $200/night, it's worth it. The pillows are crap, though. All foam, no fluff.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Sean M, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Guelph, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear Guest,

Let me apologize for the pillows that were in your room. We usually have 2 foam and 2 feather pillows in all rooms. Obviously this did not happen. Please contact me directly for your next reservations and I will ensure that you have feather pillows instead of foam ones. If you have any questions or need help with future reservations please feel free to contact us anytime.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed at Hampton Inn in Guelph while on business for 3 nights. Hotel is very clean and staff is professional. Nice pool area and fitness room. Breakfast is typical Hampton style. I would recommend and will return the next time in area.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Sean M, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Guelph, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Guest,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you will be back. We value all our guests, especially our repeat guest which I am happy to count you as one. If you have any questions or need help with future reservations please contact us anytime.

London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

We had a wonderful stay. The room was large to accommodate a wheelchair which enhanced our stay. The breakfast was delicious, lots of choices something for everyone. The salt water pool was enjoyed by all especially my son. All areas of the hotel was clean. All staff were very friendly.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Sean M, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Guelph, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the positive comments and taking the time to fill out this survey. I will be letting the staff know how they are doing. If you have any questions or need help with future reservations please feel free to contact us anytime.

Cavan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Was not given the type of room we had reserved. The keys we were given had the wrong room number which caused further delays and when we finally found out the proper room number it was the wrong type of room. We were in a rush and this almost made us late. As well, the dining area was full and there was no place to sit. There should be sometime of time limit for people to be able to sit so other guests have the opportunity to eat. We had to go to a restaurant and pay for breakfast when we could have ate free as advertised.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I sincerely apologize for the confusion upon your arrival and getting you the wrong room type. This normally doesn't happen and again I apologize. I would love the opportunity to discuss the situation with you personally. If you could contact me at the hotel that would be great. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us anytime.

Niagara Falls, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

This hotel is definitely recommendable. Free breakfast included and the room was very spacious and clean. The bed was comfortable, the sofa bed was a little on the warped side but otherwise fine. The price was good, just the rooms are a little outdated looking.

Dear Guest,

I am glad that you enjoyed everything about your stay. I will let ownership know it is time to look at changing the sofa beds. If you have any questions or need help with reservations please feel free to contact us anytime.