“Lovely B&B!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Guelph
London House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 5 Guelph B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Melanie and Andy have a gorgeous home, clean, comfy/cozy rooms. We stayed in the Masters Suite and it has a nice deck off the bathroom, great for morning coffee! We had a great breakfast, everything homemade by Melanie!
We highly recommend this B&B.
J & J VanSickle

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Andy and Melanie are lovely hosts and the home is spacious, warm, beautifully restored (award winning!) and decorated,...our room included a large bathroom, VERY comfortable bed and many thoughtful conveniences including a nice variety of reading material. We loved the interesting and friendly hosts; they put us at ease, with, as the reviewer Swizzle85 said, "just the right amount of attention," while I could still enjoy my 'time to myself' too, including a quiet tea and newspaper in the comfortable sitting room , surrounded by antiques and original art. The unbelievably delicious breakfast included all homemade bread and muffins and the best fruit salad I've ever tasted!
We had a great time!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Had a very enjoyable stay at the London House- stayed in the Masters Suite with my husband, which had a very comfy bed and a nice view of the park across the street. My only complaint would be re. the bathroom- is was quite cold to get in and out of the shower even with the small heater on, plus the water pressure was a little low so i just felt cold the whole time in there. It is a very beautiful, old home though, so I'm sure it is very difficult to get the water flowing throughout the place. Breakfast was good- lots of homemade jams, scones, pastries, and bread, juice, coffee, choice of egg- plentiful and tasty. The London House also is in a great location- walking distance to downtown, restaurants, cafes, and pubs. Will definitely return again next time i'm in Guelph!

Room Tip: Our room, the Masters Suite was quite nice, but I think the bathroom in the Tradewinds suite might b...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Beautiful late 19th century house. Perfect location. Just the right amount of attention from Melanie and Andy without being obtrusive or overly effusive. Comfortable bed. Delicious, made-to-order breakfast.

Room Tip: Al the rooms are good.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I stumbled upon Andy and Melanie's B&B through the advice of a friend at work. As a French person, I love cooking my own food and this was my initial reason to join the London House experience which offers a shared kitchen on the third floor. I ended up staying there about 50% of my time over the course of a 4 month company project in Guelph, enjoying the calmness of the rooms, meeting with guests at breakfast, sleeping in comfortable antique beds, and chatting along the way with Andy and Melany in the evening when my busy schedule at work allowed for it. The London House became my home away from home, where I had pleasure to come back through the harsh 2013 Canadian Winter. When my family came over for Christmas, Melany was kind enough to lend us some baby clothes and gears during our visit to Quebec. I was able to store some clothes and my bike from visit to visit which made my travel logistics a lot easier. I have also met some quite extraordinary people while I was there: teachers, nurses in rehab, retired secret agents, organic farmers, musicians, artists, mother and childs, and there was never a dull moment during our breakfast, or at dinner time while I was cooking. It offered me a social glimpse of Canada and America through the lense of our conversations, breaking the isolation that comes with business consulting and opening me to different points of views. A couple of the highights of the stay were when a young Chinese woman offered us a piano recital on a Sunday when we were cut from the outside world by a snow storm and a lively discussion during breakfast with four organic farmers / supporters (I work for Syngenta, an industrial agricultural company).

I highly recommend the place and would come back in a heart beat, this time with my family if the opportunity presented itself. Do yourself a favor and try Andy and Melanie 's hospitality. The experience is priceless.

Room Tip: The rooms on the 2nd floor are the quietest. The rooms on the third floor for the more budget minded...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 January 2014

London House is in a historical home and is very nicely maintained and well located. Beautiful rooms, comfortable bed, all amenities. Wonderful home baking (bread, scones) was a highlight at breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 January 2014

The best B & B experience ever!

Friendly owners, who made a custom breakfast of fresh fruit & yogurt. Andy truly is the fruit salad King!

The vibe of this beautiful historic home is calming. With large rooms, high ceilings, solid wood floors and doors. Lots of windows. I highly recommend it.

I loved my stay.