“a small treasure in Guelph” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Canadian, Fusion
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Milton, Ontario, Canada
“a small treasure in Guelph”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

The last time I ate here with my husband it was Dec 2013 and so I don't remember what we ate exactly! (I am going here tonite with my girlfriends so I was just checking online, out of curiousity). Anyhow, when I went here before it was superb and just like being in someone's cosy kitchen--the food was fantastic. If I remember correctly my husband had the duck. He loved it. All I can say is this: have Ging's "French cream pie". I tried to get the recipe out of the waitress but forget about it. SHe wouldn't give. And then I went home and googled a recipe for this (also known as sour cream pie) and tried it. It was alright but it was no "Ging's". Un. BE. Lievable. (you can probably tell i like sweets:) Nice ambiance at night and generally a lovely place with excellent food.

• Visited December 2013

Wainfleet, Canada
“Why haven't I been here before?!?!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

Living in Guelph for over 11 years now, I have always walked by this place but never went in.. I don't know why. That was until last week my friend invited me out for lunch, and I was pleasantly surprised!
The food was truly delicious -- we both had a glass of wine (Fairly priced, decent pour) and I had the seared Asian squid and a side spinach salad. It was bloody delicious. The salad had a nice dressing with the perfect acidity, it really complemented my dish nicely. My friend had the homemade spring rolls and homemade soup. It looked like all if not the vast majority of food was homemade, and it's always nice when the owner is the person in the kitchen.

The wife and co-owner was our server and she was just as friendly and great as a server..

Love this place! Will be back! If there was one criticism, I would maybe recommend upgrading the interior a bit to compete with the other many surrounding restaurants, but other than that it is truly a great place with a warm atmosphere and DELICIOUS FOOD!

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Southampton, Canada
“Great little spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

So nice to see a couple working hard to make a restaurant a success.....& succeeding. Had a great lunch there today. Wonderful homemade soups & sandwiches. Homemade falafels. Caesar salad was huge & amazing. Wonderful thin cut sweet potato fries. Did not try the dessert but list on the Board looked amazing. Will happily return again.

• Visited May 2013
Canada
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2012 via mobile

Never had a bad dinner yet and I've been here a number of times over the years. Small but superb. No rush up leave, would recommend to anyone.

Guelph, ON
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2011

Love the food, too bad it isn't a little larger, as it can be filled to capacity quickly.
Service is friendly and knowledgeable. Love that you can see the chef cooking!

2 Thank LucySlater518