“It's the coconut cream pie!”

Friends in our Kitchen
Ranked #51 of 388 Restaurants in Guelph
Cuisines: Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Oakville, Canada
“It's the coconut cream pie!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We've been in Guelph for 8 years, and despite the profusion of new restaurants, this has always remained one of our favorites, and we go just about weekly. I'm always amazed how Lisa can serve so many tables on a busy Saturday with such friendliness and efficiency! My husband almost always orders the ribs (one of the best anywhere) and we ALWAYS have dessert - save room for the coconut cream pie, especially! The main courses are sort of fusion - Ging enjoys adding Asian touches such as scallion and shi-itake mushrooms, soy, etc. The atmosphere really feels like you've gone to a friend's house for dinner! The resto is not very big, so reservations are recommended especially on Friday and Saturday nights.

• Visited June 2014

Toronto, Canada
“Always delightful!”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Ging and Lisa and their staff go above and beyond to create delicious meals with great service.
Always a winner!

• Visited April 2014
Milton, Ontario, Canada
“a small treasure in Guelph”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

The last time I ate here with my husband it was Dec 2013 and so I don't remember what we ate exactly! (I am going here tonite with my girlfriends so I was just checking online, out of curiousity). Anyhow, when I went here before it was superb and just like being in someone's cosy kitchen--the food was fantastic. If I remember correctly my husband had the duck. He loved it. All I can say is this: have Ging's "French cream pie". I tried to get the recipe out of the waitress but forget about it. SHe wouldn't give. And then I went home and googled a recipe for this (also known as sour cream pie) and tried it. It was alright but it was no "Ging's". Un. BE. Lievable. (you can probably tell i like sweets:) Nice ambiance at night and generally a lovely place with excellent food.

• Visited December 2013
Wainfleet, Canada
“Why haven't I been here before?!?!”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Living in Guelph for over 11 years now, I have always walked by this place but never went in.. I don't know why. That was until last week my friend invited me out for lunch, and I was pleasantly surprised!
The food was truly delicious -- we both had a glass of wine (Fairly priced, decent pour) and I had the seared Asian squid and a side spinach salad. It was bloody delicious. The salad had a nice dressing with the perfect acidity, it really complemented my dish nicely. My friend had the homemade spring rolls and homemade soup. It looked like all if not the vast majority of food was homemade, and it's always nice when the owner is the person in the kitchen.

The wife and co-owner was our server and she was just as friendly and great as a server..

Love this place! Will be back! If there was one criticism, I would maybe recommend upgrading the interior a bit to compete with the other many surrounding restaurants, but other than that it is truly a great place with a warm atmosphere and DELICIOUS FOOD!

• Visited November 2013
Southampton, Canada
“Great little spot”
Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

So nice to see a couple working hard to make a restaurant a success.....& succeeding. Had a great lunch there today. Wonderful homemade soups & sandwiches. Homemade falafels. Caesar salad was huge & amazing. Wonderful thin cut sweet potato fries. Did not try the dessert but list on the Board looked amazing. Will happily return again.

• Visited May 2013