“Good indulgent food and excellent service”
Review of East Side Mario's

East Side Mario's
Ranked #48 of 383 Restaurants in Guelph
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Canadian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Hey Budda Boom Budda Bing! We are the Home of All-You-Can-Eat soup or salad and garlic home loaf and offer delicious Italian meals at great value. At East Side Mario’s your family is our family and we are committed to deliver Amore in everything we do!
Guelph, Canada
“Good indulgent food and excellent service”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We like to indulge once in a while and East side Marios hit the mark. So impressed that we can still indulge in bread and salad with our meal. Chicken Parma is delicious and huge, I had leftovers for the next day. It was great that hubby could change side to fries and I could change the sauce on my pasta.
Had a drink at the bar, bartender was fine and it was a very busy night.
Server 35Mini was Perfect, attentive but not annoying.
HUGE thank you to the chain for not insisting the servers wear short skirts and low cut tops!

• Visited February 2014

ontario
“Don't waste your money”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Well I have never been a fan of East Side Mario's but my husband is or should i say was. Went there last night and was shocked over the price increases. $18.99 for lasagna really!! and the food was terrible and not worth the price. There proportions were not small but not large for the price. We will never be returning ever. And the noise in there was deafening.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank tye53
Guelph, Canada
“quick service...average food”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I had the all u can eat soup, salad, and bread. Soups ok...Italian wedding is a tad salty...salad is average...nothing to write home about..but is adequate. I would go back just because it is a quick lunch and your guaranteed to be full.

• Visited August 2013
Ontario
“Even a reno couldn't save this food. Salt, MSG, and rude bartender”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I have never been so angry before going to an eatery. The bartender was just rude, when I told him we just wanted water because caffeine laden drinks would just keep me up he looked like we were troglodytes and walked away in a huff. Came back barely stayed two seconds just to get our order. It's a University town so when the kids come back they get busy....HOWEVER. We live in Guelph and USED to be regular monthly visitors. We stopped going every month altogether a year ago and after the reno I thought maybe just maybe, their food had gotten better. I couldn't be more wrong. The Wedding Soup had so much salt in the second bowl I had to spit it into my napkin, my daughter is allergic to MSG and after the second bite of her Veal Parmigiana started to gag. I was so angry I asked to see someone he said it was too busy brought over the bill without ANY apology and ushered us out. I was sooooo angry and I'm always too shy to say anything and I think they count on this. Well I'm telling everyone who looks this up. Go to Montana's across the road. Go to the wonderful Milestones ( I love that place!!!!) their food costs just as much and they are wonderful to talk to. I am not unreasonable and I give people every chance to make things better.
AVOID EAST SIDE MARIOS. MSG, BAD FOOD, SALT SALT AND MORE SALT!!!!!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Thayana
Mount Albert Ontario
“Good meal, and good service”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

it was a last minute decision for the wedding party and family to have dinner at East Side Mario's, it was a party of 18 and we didn't call ahead but they still accommodated us as quickly as possible. The food was absolutely delicious and the service was quick and efficient.

• Visited August 2013