“Great place to celebrate Graduation”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Babelfish Bistro - CLOSED

Babelfish Bistro
Price range: US$17 - US$37
Cuisines: Canadian, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Babelfish Bistro features "upscale comfort foods" served in a cozy urban room, accompanied by excellent service. Compliment your meal with wines from our exceptional selection, followed by decadent house made desserts. We are the perfect size for private gatherings of 25 to 40. Reserve online with the "Reservation Widget" on our web page up to 14 days in advance!
Khajuraho
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place to celebrate Graduation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

We had a great dinner with terrific service and exceptional food. We were celebrating our son'graduation from Guelph. We had reserved the dinner from Vancouver several weeks ahead. We welcomed and made to feel right at home. The appetizers were excellent- spinach salad, fried brie were mouth watering. The Atlantic salmon (while Pacific) entree was cooked perfectly. Not cheap but well worth it.

• Visited May 2014

Toronto, Canada
“Upscale comfort food in Guelph”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We went to Guelph for father's day. I chose Babelfish Bistro because their menu had something for all the different taste all six of us have. Everyone raved about the food. I had the wild caught Hawaiian Wahoo, which was delicious and I only order wild caught fish, it was nice to see an exclusive and rare choice, I didn't expect this for a small place like Guelph. There is a nice wine list and on Tuesday you can bring your own wine. The bathroom, although downstairs, were very clean, every chef knows a clean bathroom is a sign of a clean kitchen!The ambiance is the only thing that I would change. It is dark, the decor could be much better, and the service although impeccable could be more friendly and knowledgeable of the menu. For the quality versus price, this is a good choice, and if you are like me, looking for items on the menu that you can't cook at home, this is the place. I cannot stand going out and finding items on a menu, which I can very well cook at home, I always look for originality and taste.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Canadastealady
Columbia, South Carolina
“Fabulous service Fabulous cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Celebrating my mother-in-law's 60th birthday with a surprise party at Babelfish Bistro was definitely the best choice. The service was impeccable the food was exquisite. Serving over 35 plus and the lil ones can be a bit tricky, but everyone's food was served hot and the taste... delicious. We rented the entire restaurant for the day and it was definitely the best choice Thank You Babelfish for making our special night even more special.

acton,ont. canada
“VERY NICE FOR A SPECIAL OCCASION”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

My husband and I went for dinner to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The restaurant lived up to all the reviews we read. The place is small and intimate. The food was excellent and the staff very professional. Their service was prompt, but not overbearing. Price would depict for us anyway that it would be a restaurant we would visit only on special occasions. Dinner with appetizer and wine for 2 is approximately $100 without taxes or tip.

• Visited June 2014
Ontario
“Still a Quality Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

It's been some time since I'd visited but a birthday celebration seemed like a good reason to return here. The mussels with white wine sauce were top-notch. My strip loin cooked to perfection and tasty. My wife went for the ribs. She really enjoyed them. Visit was mid-week and the place wasn't crowded although we had made the precaution of reservations. Note to myself: Must not wait so long before repeating.

Visited May 2014