“Excellent for a chain hotel”

Delta Guelph Hotel and Conference Centre
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Guelph
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We stayed here while visiting family. Room was very spacious. Ceilings 9 feet + made the room feel very airy. Beds comfortable. Bathroom well-appointed. I'm not one for chain hotels, but this one is so well done, it almost has a "boutique" feel about it.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Nathan B, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Guelph Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing feedback from your recent stay with us. It is wonderful to see that you found the room spacious and comfortable. We appreciate your kind words for our hotel and it's "boutique feel".

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Nathan

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Just what the weary business traveller needs: a comfortable room with all the amenities and a friendly bar. The bartender immediately understood what a “Gentleman’s Portion” shot of whisky meant, and after a long day, I appreciated that. My top floor room was very comfortable. The bathroom was a bit claustrophobic. My only issue was with the silly master switch lighting system, as I never did figure out how to turn out the light at the door without turning out everything and as a result my phone didn’t charge overnight. Our early departure meant we didn’t get any breakfast, not even a courtesy coffee in the lobby.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Nathan B, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Guelph Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Gentlemansportion,

Thank you very much for staying at Delta Guelph hotel. We are very pleased to note that you found your room comfortable and enjoyed friendly, knowledgeable service from our bar/lounge staff after a long day.
We very much appreciate your taking the time to share feedback from your stay. Please accept our most sincere apologies for any discomfort experienced due to the size of the bathroom and frustration resulting from our master light set-up. It is unfortunate that our staff did not fully explain how the master light system works, however, please do know for future reference that our 24-hour service team would be happy to assist if there was any confusion. We are currently working on a solution that allows guests access to more power points for charging mobile phones without requiring the master switch to be on.
It is also unfortunate that you missed out on joining us for breakfast. We do serve complimentary coffee in our main lobby prior to our breakfast restaurant opening; it is disappointing to note that this was not present upon your departure. I will be certain to follow up as we want to ensure our guests' needs are being looked after during their entire stay, including the experience upon departure.
Thank you once again for your comments. We hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Nathan Brown

Reviewed 9 August 2014

The hotel is clean,nice and new but a few things prompted me to write this review.
We stayed two nights and on the first night after pulling back the sheets it looked like the bed was not made properly and gave the impression that the bed had not been changed. It looked like there was a king size fitted sheet on a queen bed and the sheet was not even tucked in properly.
The next morning, we forgot to put the DND sign out and went out for breakfast and came back to the housekeeper working on our room. She saw us and rushed to finish even though we suggested she come back later - we were flatly told that was not possible.
Next day, we were attending a small pre-wedding reception and there were not enough plates or napkins available for all. The attendant only appeared once and did not clean up or refill the dishes and napkins.
Later that day, I used the public washroom and it was clean and all but both towel machines were not functioning - no hand dryer was present so toilet-paper it was.
The food at the wedding reception was good but service was somewhat lacking as if you needed something there was not someone you could easily call upon.
One thing that always irks me and so many restaurants and halls do is that they use the same thermos container for tea and coffee and the tea ends up tasting like coffee - really puts a bad ending to an otherwise good meal.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Nathan B, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Guelph Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us at Delta Guelph hotel recently and for sharing your feedback from your stay. It is disappointing to see that you encountered some issues while visiting, and I would like to express our most sincere apologies on behalf of the entire service team for any discomfort or inconvenience that may have resulted.
Although we do have some days that are busier than others, we can always accommodate room cleaning services later in the day if necessary and I am sorry that the room attendant informed you otherwise. I will be sure to share your comments regarding the bed sheets and the service from the room attendant with our housekeeping manager.
You make some very valid comments in regards to having staff available for assistance during our events and ensuring that the coffee and tea dispensers stay separate to avoid the flavours being mixed. We strive to provide attentive, timely service for our guests at all times, however, very much appreciate that you have shared these comments so we can improve for future events. I have discussed your concerns with our banquets and catering team to better serve our guests moving forward.
It is great to know that you found our hotel clean and comfortable, but we are disappointed that we were unable to meet your expectations. Hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future and will be sure that your experience exceeds your expectations as a guest at Delta Hotel.
Thank you once again for your feedback.

Nathan Brown

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed at the Delta Hotel in Guelph, Ontario for one night since I celebrated my birthday there in peace and in need of rest. A word of advice if I may please ask the staff passing the rooms if they can tone down the conversation level when they are in the floors of the hotel rooms. The guests can hear their conversation inside the room.

For a price compared to Toronto Hotels, this is a good price only for a good night stay. The room itself (and the bathroom) is a good size for an individual. It was simple but classy. I had a quite night even without a nice view (I mean compared to a hotel room view in Venetian hotel Macau or a Jejudo view in South Korea, etc.). The internet is faster compared in another hotel I stayed in Toronto. I can't complain when it comes to amenities and the service of the staff. Kudos to the staff when it comes to being well dressed and with a touch of world class service especially to Nathan who was very hospitable not only to me but the other guests in the hotel.

The hotel doesn't have a place inside the hotel to buy pastries and cakes (as compared to other countries) but still better than other hotels in Ontario.The hotel is conveniently located near my physio treatment. If only they can have a entrance of that wide fence that separates the campus estate plaza from the hotel. The only way around it is through the same way car pass by which is dangerous (I had a trauma of an accident this year). The cars that drives up and down were really fast and doesn't even have a bump that slows down the cars. In short no pedestrian lane for people walking outside the hotel. Try it and you'll know what I am talking about. Just be very, very very cautious of the speeding cars.

I will definitely recommend this hotel to my family and friends.

Room Tip: If you want a not so boring view, ask for the stone road view room. And if you want to be near the l...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Tara B, Front Office Manager at Delta Guelph Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay at Delta Guelph Hotel and Conference Centre to celebrate a quiet birthday evening. We will be sure to recognize and thank Nathan for the world class service that he provided.

I do apologize for the noise coming from staff in the hallway . I will share your comments with our Management team to remind all colleagues to keep noise to a minimum as not to disturb our guests. I truly hope that this did not hinder your birthday away.

Thank you for sharing your comments with us, and we hope you will choose Delta Guelph Hotel and Conference Centre for your next visit to Guelph.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Staff was very friendly at the Delta- I've stayed there twice, and will stay there again whenever in Guelph. Rates are reasonable and restaurant/bar in lobby is good. Convenient location and close to the University, except a bit far from downtown (short cab ride- or long walk). Rooms were spacious, and wi-fi was included. Cleanliness of rooms could be improved.

Room Tip: There is a cool bar down the street with beer taps in the center of the table!! try it out.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank KDC0726

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at Delta Guelph Hotel and Conference Centre. It is a pleasure to read that we are your hotel of choice when visiting Guelph.

I would like to send my sincere apologies for the cleanliness of your room not being to Delta standards. Delta Hotels and Resorts practices very high cleanliness standards and I am disappointed to see that your guest room did not meet expectations. I can assure you that this is a one off occurrence and appreciate you informing us of it, so we may improve and exceed expectations going forward.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Pretty good price for a basic room if you get the CAA rate but you will get nothing in your room. No microwave, no fridge. Sink is actually in an area connected to the bedroom which is annoying if there are 2 of you and need to use the sink while the other is sleeping. One of our glasses was chipped quite badly making it dangerous.

There are a few drinks and snacks in the room but of course they are way over priced ($5 for a bottle of water). There was not ice on our floor to make up for the lack of a fridge (to cool some wine).

Also, they charge for parking (like almost every Delta does for some reason) which makes them 1 of about 3 businesses in all of Guelph that charge for parking. They also didn't mention that if you go to the restaurant they give free parking.

Over all, I find the nickel and diming of charging for everything kind of annoying but its a pretty decent hotel at a decent price.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Tara B, Front Office Manager at Delta Guelph Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Dear Jon T
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback on your recent stay at Delta Guelph Hotel and Conference Centre. I am delighted to see that overall you enjoyed your stay with us.

I would like to send to you my sincere apologies for the chipped glass in your guestroom. I appreciate the safety hazard this may have presented and thank you for bringing it to our attention. There is one floor in the hotel that is not equipped with an ice machine,which is the second floor of the hotel, as the fitness centre is located on this floor.
Our Deluxe rooms and Suites are equipped with both fridges and microwaves. The hotel does have spare fridges to provide for the guest rooms that do not have one available, and we are always happy to assist with heating up any personal food items. I can understand that these missing items were an inconvenience to you, but we are happy to accommodate whenever possible. As per the charge for parking we will be sure to share your comments with our management team.

With these comments aside I sincerely hope that you enjoyed your stay at Delta Guelph Hotel and Conference Centre, and we hope that you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Clean, modern hotel. Close to University and many other amenities. If you are attending summer courses at the U of Guelph or visiting kids who attend the university, I would recommend this hotel for its location. Staff were very friendly. Atmosphere is trendy. Fifty West food is good and menu is varied.
Didn't sleep great during my stay. Beds and pillows were comfortable so not sure what was waking me up. Others I spoke to weren't sleeping well either so we narrowed it down to noisy AC units or the stress of the course we were all attending!!

Otherwise I would not hesitate to recommend and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Nathan B, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Guelph Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

We are very pleased to see you had an enjoyable stay with us for your week-long trip to Guelph recently. It is wonderful to know that our staff were friendly, the hotel was clean and comfortable, and you found our restaurant to have good food and variety, as well.

We do apologize for any disturbance that our guest room air conditioning units may have caused. At a certain point, each unit requires the compressor to be changed so that it is not as noisy and our maintenance team are able to assist once we identify these units.

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back as our guest again!

Nathan