“Amazing choice, especially for vegetarians”

No photo provided
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Being a vegetarian in Guelph is actually pretty easy considering there are so many choices, but for mexican cuisine I would definitely choose Salsateria. They have fast service, a nice atmosphere and most importantly, amazing food. I always opt for the Jerk tofu items such as the quesadillas and burritos. I am not a huge fan of tofu but the seasoning is absolutely amazing! I know meat eaters that are also very pleased with their meal as they use the same spices for those as well. Definitely a MUST GO if you are in the Guelph area.

1  Thank Smera S
There are newer reviews for Salsateria Rebel Foods

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Everyone I know who has been to the Salsateria complains about the service. I know at least 3 people who just don't bother going anymore. Like others have said, it takes forever for someone to take your order, forever for your drinks to come, forever for the food to come, and things are somewhat mediocre once you get them. The salsa is delicious but you can buy it in stores nowadays, and after two crappy experiences at the take-out counter recently (poor service, messed up orders), I will probably stop going completely. The food is just not worth the aggravation. Guelph has a serious shortage of Latin restaurants and I can only imagine that's helping keep this afloat, along with the late night take-out crowd. It would actually be a decent place if the service improved, but I get the feeling they're not interested in fixing that.

1  Thank Nicole C
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Authentic latin flavours, interesting menu items always tastes great but the staff... Every time I go the staff are busy eating, too busy in fact to take your order at all. When they do come to the counter service is hit and miss and you end up waiting a long time for your order. Even when I've called ahead they didn't start making my order until I arrived to pick it up.
To be fair, the portions are generous and the flavours are unbeatable. Go and vist them , but bring a crossword puzzle!

1  Thank Alistair M
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I'm done giving this place second chances. The service is absolutely atrocious: can't get drinks in a timely manner, drinks are wrong, poorly mixed or not cold, food gets forgotten completely (45 mins for quesadillas?), then assuming you are willing to work pretty hard to get a bill to pay for your meal, it's often wrong. Save yourself the headache and go to the takeout window where you get the exact same stuff fresh, hot and within minutes.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

This is a good place for getting together with your friends for drinks and watch a soccer game, but if you are looking for a quick service-this place is not for you. It takes forever to get a bill or to get a salad! once we were waiting almost 30 min for our salad and the place wasn't busy.