“Great Chicken with Lemon Goat cheese”
Review of With the Grain

With the Grain
Ranked #1 of 9 Dessert in Guelph
Price range: US$4 - US$19
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Enjoy our all day breakfast, seasonal sandwiches & salads, and fresh baked treats in our Cafe. Drop by the Bakery across the street for artisanal breads and tempting baked goods to carry home. Take-out & catering also available!
Barrie, Canada
“Great Chicken with Lemon Goat cheese”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Great Chicken with Lemon goat cheese on there fresh baked bread that is to dye for.. oh so good.. they give you a cold bottle of their own filtered water. AND they have amazing organic coffee. we have been there 3 times and we look forward to more visiting our daughter in Guelph so we can go to “ With the Grain”

Visited June 2014
Jocelyn I, Office Coordinator at With the Grain, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thanks for the review! Have you tried our new chicken sandwich yet? I hope you like it too!

Toronto, Canada
“Tempting Treats”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I'm glad I decided to try With The Grain for lunch today. I'm making frequent trips to Guelph for business, and was looking for "slow food" as opposed to "fast food". With The Grain is well worth the visit. The sunny yellow interior of the restaurant walls matches the sunny disposition of my server - who's serve was well-paced, and genuinely seemed interested in whether I was enjoying the food. Had 2 of the daily specials - a cup of the roasted tomato soup with couscous that was chock-o-block full of veggies and had a beautiful smokey undertone, and the "Turkey Sammy" with house-made pesto on one of the fresh-baked breads from the bakery located just across Woolwich Street. Happily washed both down with the multi-tea with lemon iced tea. Just leaving town - but with a bag from the bakery filled with loaf of spelt bread, cheddar and walnut biscuits, and 2 date squares!

• Visited May 2014
Jocelyn I, Office Coordinator at With the Grain, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
We really appreciate you taking the time to write us such a nice review! I hope we'll see you again next time you're in town!
Guelph, Ontario
“Where you should go for lunch in Guelph, Ontario, Canada”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

With the Grain is a bakery/restaurant in Guelph, Ontario, open for breakfast, lunch and to about 5pm. I have been eating there at least once a week for 14 years. It's located in an old restored house. It has the 3 things I look for in a restaurant: quality food, atmosphere and good service. The food is excellent, fresh and healthy. I am vegetarian and I have been eating their salads. They come up with great variations on this simple theme; for example, kale, chick peas, red peppers, sunflower seeds with a lovely dressing. Their coffee is from Planet Bean, a Guelph roaster of high quality beans, and never disappoints. I find their desserts a bit too sugary but I always find one that suits my taste buds.They are so popular that one often has to wait to get a table but the wait is worth it.

• Visited April 2014
Thanks Francis! We're going to be adding a new salad to the menu soon so you'll have to let us know if you like it too. We really appreciate your continued support over the years!
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
“Great food for a special treat!”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

With the Grain is definitely one of my favourite spots in Guelph, and their fresh bread is often a weekend breakfast/brunch staple in my home. Their other treats (the squares are my favourite! I can't even pick one... they're all fabulous) are AMAZING.

The staff is always friendly and can always recommend something if you're having trouble. I also like the sandwiches when I'm craving a sandwich that I didn't make - my favourite is the BATH (bacon, avocado, tomato, harvati).

The food is definitely a little on the pricey side for baked goods, but in my opinion it is always worth it for a special treat :)

• Visited January 2014
Jocelyn I, Office Coordinator at With the Grain, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Thanks so much for your review Kyla! I will be sure to pass your review on to our bakers, they will certainly appreciate them!
Elora, Canada
“one of my favorite spots for a quick stop”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Delicious baking, breads, soups and sandwhiches. If going past (as I don't live in Guelph) I always make a point to stop in for some scones, muffins or squares.
Only thing I have noticed recently is that the staff aren't always very good at listening to the order being placed and don't seem to be as helpful...depending on who serves you, there are a couple who are incredible.

• Visited March 2014
We really appreciate you taking the time to write us a review! I will pass along your comments about the service to our front of house coordinator, hopefully next time you are in everyone will be incredible! :) Thanks! And we hope to see you again soon.