“Best Low Cost Hotel in Hamilton”
Review of Days Inn Hamilton

Days Inn Hamilton
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Hamilton
Toronto, Canada
“Best Low Cost Hotel in Hamilton”
Reviewed 18 March 2011

I have stayed at this hotel many times, for one or two nights. It is wonderful value for the price. And the location is excellent if you want access to the downtown core and McMaster.
The room amenities are good; there is a fridge, microwave, iron, and a great flat screen TV. The staff are fairly courteous, too. Ben and Jenn are outstanding at the front desk.
The free breakfast which starts at 6 am is carb heavy, but plentiful and the coffee is good. The overnight clerk does a good job setting it up and is happy to assist with figuring out the toaster etc.
The one drawback can be the teams and children who tend to populate the hotel. They can be quite noisy running up and down the hallways. However, the front desk will deal with it if you complain.
I think the second floor at the rear is the best location, due to proximity to the street.
I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank mycallingcard
daysinnhamilton, General Manager at Days Inn Hamilton, responded to this review, 19 March 2011
Appreciate your repeat business and your excellent comments. See you soon. All the best.

GeneralManager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Hamilton
Reviewed 30 January 2011

I stayed at this hotel twice when visiting hamilton and you get what you pay for. Cheap prices but not the cleanest rooms. Carpets were stained which was kind of concerning and the beds are AWFUL. I have the worst sleeps and my back ends up killing me in the morning. I would suggest staying at a different hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank xxlove
daysinnhamilton, General Manager at Days Inn Hamilton, responded to this review, 15 February 2011
I am really sorry that you did not have a good experience at our hotel. I can assure that you will have a better experience next time.

Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 22 January 2011

I was on business in downtown Hamilton recently and stayed at Days Inn.
The location was convenient and I walked most days to the convention centre. However I don`t advise you do this at dark. The desk clerks, both night and day were excellent and I used the breakfast room 2 days out of the 4 and it was ok.
My room was very clean and spacious. I was in room 222 at the rear of the hotel, which I requested and it was VERY quiet.. The only downer was the crowd of smokers hanging around the front of the hotel in the morning in their pajamas. My advice, build a small enclosed gazebo for them so they don`t crowd the hotel front. I appreciated the NON-SMOKING policy. As for a food tip!! La Cantina LA very average... not impressed save your money... The best meal was a small quaint place called KOOSH !! Fantastic food, all origional recipes and hand made pasta from the chef who personally greets you and makes you feel like he genuinely appreciates you there. Its about a 10 minute cab ride but worth every cent. Reserve a table as its only got around 12 and fills up fast.
All in all, if you have to be in Hamilton... stay at the Days Inn and explore the restaurant and nite life around Mcmaster Uni.
Thanks Days Inn , I will be back.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
daysinnhamilton, General Manager at Days Inn Hamilton, responded to this review, 25 January 2011
Appreciate your time for the honest and excellent recommendations. All the best.

Sarnia, Canada
Reviewed 11 January 2011

We appreciated the early check in and free parking which allowed us to visit with family living nearby. The breakfast was first class and the opportunity to leave our car in the parking lot after checking out was an added bonus to our delightful stay.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
daysinnhamilton, General Manager at Days Inn Hamilton, responded to this review, 20 January 2011
Thank you for your kind words.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 3 December 2010

unbelievably rude front desk, tried to check in 20 minutes early and would not even check to see if my room was ready. Did not even ask my name or how long I was staying. Was told to come back at 3pm. Other guests in our group had checked in at noon. would never ever ever recommend this place to anyone. area is sketchy.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank cmbo87
daysinnhamilton, General Manager at Days Inn Hamilton, responded to this review, 5 December 2010
Sorry about this, but I am sure that when you had arrived, all the rooms that were clean, were given to your friends, and the nite before we might have been busy. That's why we say check in time is 3 pm, and if we check in somebody early, then we are in problem, if we do not, then even we are in trouble. Once again sorry.

Kincardine, Ontario
Reviewed 25 October 2010

Stayed at the Days Inn Hamilton on Main St E. Oct 23. It was a good price and the room had one queen bed, fridge, microwave, LCD TV and wireless Internet. There were no issues except the parking lot was full so we had to park down the street (100 yards). Kudos to the desk clerk who made sure we found the right parking lot at 10:00 PM. The free breakfast was simple with some cereal, bagels, toast and some fruit. No bed bugs were seen, which is a concern these days. It was a Sat night so it was a bit noisy as people were up until 2-3 in the morning. The fitness center was not worth using.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Appreciate your honest comments. Thank you.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 29 September 2010

This hotel is the definition of an "average" hotel. It was clean enough, the room was nice and clean, the location was close to downtown (within walking distance) and the service was so-so.

I only stayed here for one night. The experience didn't get off to a good start. We tried checking into the room a couple hours early as we had just gotten off a bus from Toronto. I realize that hotels have a check-in time, but I've found that generally the better hotels will let you get into your room ahead of that time if you talk to them nicely. When I approached the front desk at this hotel and asked to check in early, the woman at the front looked at me as though I had two heads! She said "Well sir, you're extremely early. Check-in is at 3:00" (note: we arrived at around 1:15 pm). I explained that we had just gotten in to town and that we were not picky about the location of the room, but she didn't even bother to check her records to see if anything was available. She did at least let us leave our bags behind the front desk so we could start exploring the city.

Other than that, the stay was entirely "average". Average value and as clean as you'd expect any hotel room to be. I will say that the room was larger than an "average" room, so the extra space was quite nice.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to pretty much anyone.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PDE123
daysinnhamilton, General Manager at Days Inn Hamilton, responded to this review, 19 October 2010
Appreciate your frank remarks. We will try our best to make it above average. All the best.